new holley 600 vac sec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new holley 600 vac sec

hey, any one had any trouble with the new non adjustable float holley 600 vac sec flooding as where the adjustable floats dont? thanks
    -vic

Re: new holley 600 vac sec

Didn't know of this carb...what is the reason for non-adjustability? ???

Comment

They made the base models nonadjustable because 99% of their tech calls and warrantee returns were from people who cranked the float adjustment out of whack. If one is leaking, then either the needle/seat is stuck open or the float is sunk, but I think those have neoprene floats that shouldn't sink.

Comment

they are the new 1850's. i think they are just real sensitive to fuel psi. ive had one flood out at only 6psi but have never had this prob with the adjustable style.

Comment

Ive got one of the new ones on my truck had it flood out once and went bronze sintered filter and so far havent had any issues. But Ive changed a couple of them over for freinds to the old style bowls so they could adjust the bowl levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
            If one is leaking, then either the needle/seat is stuck open or the float is sunk, but I think those have neoprene floats that shouldn't sink.
            or dirt in the seat ;D

Comment

Working...
            X