Power bleeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power bleeder

I'm not rich,and always wanted a power bleeder anyone got one of these?Or ever use one?Is it worth buying?

Re: Power bleeder

Yes. As an auto tech, I've used em at nearly all the dealers and repair facilities. The pneumatic ones from MAC, Matco, and snap on are all very similar.http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Other units such as this one, which are electro/hydraulic instead of air pressure I've used in the past, and also work well.

Cheaper vacuum bleeders kinda suck....no really. If you are replacing ABS units, or doing alot of brake hydraulic system repairs, then the pressure units are the way to go.

Comment

I use one similar at work (I do brake and suspension work) they work good for a car that has a ton of air in the lines or to flush/change the fluid in an old system.

I still like to do the old pump and bleed method for most brake work.

Comment

I usually use the friend in the car on brake pedal duty while I'm at the wheels. The dealerships I worked at all used the power bleeders.

Now my T-bird has a button on the cruise control to apply the brakes I intend to tap into with a remote switch to apply the brakes while I'm under the car 8) Hope it works....
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I made one out of a piece of clear perspex (so I can keep and eye of fluid levels) and a weed sprayer. 10 psi was all I needed.
          Cost me about $40 all up, and works awesome!
          Didn't need any help to bleed, just got under and cracked the bleeders until no bubbles. :D

Comment

Thats a nice piece, Steve.

When I worked for the Brake Shop, my brother and I were trying out stuff for Mac tools, before they'd hit the market. We tried a German made unit, that was electro-hydraulic. It was sweet, you could set the pressure, and with a capacity of 5 gallons, you wouldn't run out right in the middle of bleeding. Great for when you start the process, and have to walk away to get a scan tool to energize the solenoids to remove trapped air in ABS HCU's.

Comment

I have one that was just what he built out of the bug sprayer - but came with the attachments for small and large resevoirs, I think it was about $55 or so and I LOVE IT!

I work alone most of the time and this really helps out - also VERY helpfull when doing hydraulic clutch cylinders as they are sometimes even harder to bleed than brakes.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Somebody makes bleed screws with spring loaded check ball in them. You crack the bleed and pump the pedal. It pushes the ball up and lets the fluid out.
                I never used them myself, but it seems like it would work.
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Yep! ;)
                  http://www.mpsracing.com/products/Earls/Solo-Bleed.asp

Comment

Working...
                  X