Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4L60E help

Boost valve should be included in the TransGo kit.
    I know Lingenfelter used Yank converters. I acquired one a few years back that was a 4000 stall. Little high for street use in a stock TransAm but a very well built converter with a billet front cover and baloon plate on the front. Car was fun to launch.
    The one I use in my Camaro is from Precision of New Hampton. Less expensive. They also offer a Rich Christensen signature series. I don't know if it is any better than the one I have, but you may want to check it out.
    http://www.gopnh.com/rcss.cfm
    Yap got the TransGo kit today and both the boost valve and the accumulator valve are in the kit. So cool that's some money I won't have to spend. ;)

And so far by looking at the instructions I don't think it's anything I can't handle. And do I need the tool to remove the cover for 2nd and 4th servos. Or is there another trick to doing it, also I'll be doing it in the car.

Comment

Well after doing a bunch of homework on converters, I made up my mind and I'm going to get a Yank 3800 stall.

Now that should wake up my 60' times. ;)

Here's an article to a LS1 Trans Am, they installed a TCI 3800 stall and a transgo shift kit. The car also had headers, a LS6 intake, a few other bolt-ons and a set of drag radials 255/50/16(same as the one's I have) and the cars best time was 12.36 @108.92 mph. Not bad for a bone stock LS1. ;)

Comment

Working...
      X