4L60E help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L60E help

This is kind of for the trany guys, I'm getting ready to do a little upgrading to my transmission in my '99 Z28. I plan on getting a Transgo HD2 shift kit, a Sonnax Super Hold Servo both for the 2nd and 4th gear servo's, I'm also looking at these Sonnax pinless accumulators for the forward accumulator and for the 1-2, 2-3 accumulator. Is there anything else that you guys would recommend me doing. I'm also going to be installing a 3500 stall, but at this time I want to stick with the bolt-on type stuff since I don't really want to go through the trans at this time.

Re: 4L60E help

That's about all you can do without taking it apart. Do you have a programmer for the computer?
    I put a 4X4 pan and filter on mine. Holds a little extra fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
      That's about all you can do without taking it apart. Do you have a programmer for the computer?
      Ya, I got a DiabloSport Predator tuner. So I can play with some of the settings.

And thanks for the tip on the pan.

Also one more thing, I was also going to get this Sonnax accumulator valvetrain assembly. Is it hard to replace, I do have a factory service manual that shows the exploded view of the valvebody. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Comment

in my experience with modding automatics, install a trans cooler. not a whole lot for that little bit of insurance!
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

You will definetly need a cooler with that stall (or anything above stock for that matter).
          The B&M stacked plate style are real efficient and small.

On the pinless acumulators, IDK ,.. i"ve heard mixxed views on them

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
            Ya, I got a DiabloSport Predator tuner. So I can play with some of the settings.

And thanks for the tip on the pan.

Also one more thing, I was also going to get this Sonnax accumulator valvetrain assembly. Is it hard to replace, I do have a factory service manual that shows the exploded view of the valvebody. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.
            The valve body has to be removed which is no big deal. Be sure the vb bolts go back into the correct location. One in the wrong spot can lock up the geartrain.

Comment

The valve body has to be removed which is no big deal. Be sure the vb bolts go back into the correct location. One in the wrong spot can lock up the geartrain.
              I was going to use a cardboard box and stick them through the box in the order that they go. Also my Service manual, has the break down of the bolts and where they go.

Comment

the second gear drum is usually what likes to explode on these, so whatever you can do to the outside, especially cooling wise will help...

Comment

Line pressure boost valve. 0.470 or 0.500" Goes in the front pump from inside the pan. How much power are you putting through it?

Comment

What brand torque converter are you going with?

I highly recommend those by Precision Industries under the Vigilante brand.

Comment

What brand torque converter are you going with?

I highly recommend those by Precision Industries under the Vigilante brand.
                      I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm probably going to go with one from Hughes Performance. They are local here, so if I have a problem it'll be easy to get it fixed. Also I plan on getting a 3500rpm stall.

Line pressure boost valve. 0.470 or 0.500" Goes in the front pump from inside the pan. How much power are you putting through it?
                      I'll have to look into that. And as for power it is a stock '99 LS1 with intake mods(intake, TB, MAF, etc...), and headers. I think someone stated they got around 350rwhp out of one. But I do plan on hitting it with a 150 shot of nitrous in the future.

Comment

The Vig is good, if you're spraying nitrous, PRO Torque is killer. The stall speed increase spraying into the convertor is minimal, where your vig's can flash as much as 2000rpm higher, anything is better than the BM or TCI units. Pro Torque will also build you custom for a minimal price increase....

Comment

Well looks like Hughes is out, the converter they have doesn't have an anti-balloon plate, and Summit wants almost $1000 for it. Not saying I couldn't get it cheaper through my local connects, but it seems I can get a lot better converter from the guys you are recommending.

I guess I have some more homework to do. ;)

Comment

Boost valve should be included in the TransGo kit.
                            I know Lingenfelter used Yank converters. I acquired one a few years back that was a 4000 stall. Little high for street use in a stock TransAm but a very well built converter with a billet front cover and baloon plate on the front. Car was fun to launch.
                            The one I use in my Camaro is from Precision of New Hampton. Less expensive. They also offer a Rich Christensen signature series. I don't know if it is any better than the one I have, but you may want to check it out.
                            http://www.gopnh.com/rcss.cfm

Comment

Rich Christensen is a tool. ;D

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X