Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DCR thread took off.....lets open another can of worms......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DCR thread took off.....lets open another can of worms......

What shall we discuss? Aluminum vs cast iron?? Small Block vs. Big Block? Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar? High winder vs. Torque monster? Somone bite, lets go 500 posts......

Re: The DCR thread took off.....lets open another can of worms......

As far a engines they are all just nuts and bolts the time of getting the good stuff only for one has been over for a while. I dont believe in winding my stuff up very high thats hard on parts you know  :
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

iam a ford guy but have nice gm cars too. i prefer mid cu in (350-351) and in trucks mabie 5000-5500 and in my cars i push em around 6500. the ford 351w has very heavy rod caps so excessive hi rpm isnt good unless you use lighter rod caps. the 351 in my bronco makes over 380 hp at about 4800rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
        As far a engines they are all just nuts and bolts the time of getting the good stuff only for one has been over for a while. I dont believe in winding my stuff up very high thats hard on parts you know :

HUH??

Comment

A big block Mopar,400 block, with at least a 4.15 stroke, 6.76 long rods, good set of aluminum heads,11.0 to 12.0 compression and a roller over .650 lift. A 400 with a 4.15 stroke and .040 over bore is the lightest reciprocating 500 inch Mopar combination out there. Gobs of torque and never spin it over 7200 rpm.

Comment

Can-o-Worms huh....

Originally posted by 73Nova
            Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar?
            Here's a can...
            Why don't the Furd and Chebby-guys bicker over who and what's best first, so the Mopar-guys won't have to waste their time, and at 'least' have some competition when it really gets serious... : ;D

So first things first: Let's start with ENGINE-DESIGN...
            What's better... a Ford or a Chevy? ??? :D
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Depends who is building it, and which engine you are talking about. The general consensus seems to be that the new LS7's are better than pretty much any Ford motor. On the other hand, 5.0 Mustang motors are a heck of a lot better than tune port engines ever were, thanks to that drag-racing engineer that Ford had back then. Now that GM has a drag racer in charge of engineering, they are getting their junk together again.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Who cares about Ford vs Chevy?

Everyone knows (except my dad) toilet paper is supposed to come over the top! ;D
                Tampa, FL

Comment

Too much friction that way.
                  You MUST be brainwashed by your wife... :D
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

To stir the pot even more.... What about BOP engines?
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

ford v chevy v mopar doesn't matter. Briggs & Stratton tops them all!

Comment

I don't know... I'm a little partial to Puch mopeds. I rode one home from my brother's house once when my header install went bad. Took an hour and a half. Boy was my a** sore! I hit 34 mph going down a long hill.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

i have a gas rc car with a mugen .12 cu inch. it has claimed 2.6 hp and turns 48,500rpm(yes thats right) 8)

Comment

I'm jealous. Nitro rules! If you could get a 572 to turn that kind of RPM and make that much hp per cid, then they would be better than Fords for sure!

Comment

thats with just 20% nitro, i use 35% nitro 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X