Fire systems--who's got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire systems--who's got one?

What's the best setup? Who makes it? How's it work?

Better yet, can I make it myself, and HOW?

Re: Fire systems--who's got one?

In LSR, on board fire systems are required above 150 (requirements increase with speed). Many use FireFox, perhaps because Joe Timney at Delaware Chassis works gives us good prices. It's one of the things on the docket for my Camaro.

I'm guessing you COULD make a system, but by the time you got the tech inspectors to buy off on the bottle(s), nozzle design, trigger mechanism, etc, it probably makes more sense to buy a package.

Other Input, guys?

Dan

Comment

Yep....What Dan said.

We use a Firefox Dual Bottle/nozzle setup. (Thanks Steve 8) and Joe Timney)....

It is a full on race setup.....If you need one this is the only way to go.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

call joe timney.

Comment

dragsters don't use fire bottels ;)
          at least ones with the engine in the back....
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

okay, do you guys buy the pieces, and plumb it yourself? Or do the kits come complete?

Comment

I run a 10 lb three nozzle system. one nozzle in the engine compartment, one over the fuel cell and one in the driver's compartment. Cable pull on the dash.

You need to buy a kit.

Comment

You'll need to mount the actuator, nozzles and the bottle(s) and then run lines between them. As you can imagine, the kits are necessarily generic because even if they knew what kind of car its for, fuel cell placement, roll cage design, etc. varies from car to car. Just simple line running, though. I think Greenjunk's is plumbed in copper, if memory serves. I like SS tubing but it's probably not required (as I said, I haven't actually done mine yet).

Dan

Comment

I tried looking up www.delawarechassisworks.net but had no luck. Can some one post a link.

Steve
                  Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Go to <ecta-lsr.com> and look in the who we are section. There will be a link to Joe and his shop phone number. Keith is in there and Todd - NARider. Also a link to me - of considerably less value!

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan I found the info on him I drive with in 20 minutes of his shop every so often. I will swing in and check it out.

Steve
                      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Also, spring for the extra dosh for the 6.5 lb. bottle rather than the 5 lb. - regs are heading toward requiring 6.5 lbs. for both engine and passenger compartments.

Comment

Working...
                        X