Manual brakes w/ tall spindles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual brakes w/ tall spindles

My 85 Monte has tall spindles and 12" F-body (1LE) rotors with single-piston B-body calipers. The rear brakes are 11" drums from a 60's Impala. Right now I barely have enough vacuum to run power brakes, and would like to convert it to manual brakes because a much larger cam is in the works. What manual master cylinder (GM or otherwise) would you guys recommend? Any particular proportioning valve?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: Manual brakes w/ tall spindles

S10 has manual brakes and some of the guys on www.t6p.com (check the library) just delete the booster and use the master directly I believe. Another option is to use the 84-85 T-type and who know what year Olds Diesel hydroboost system. If you use the same PS pump as the T-type, you could even swap the reserviour and lines directly since its a G-body.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Concerning master cylinders,

the best-kept secret

in the hot-rod world today is:

www.partsamerica.com ---------------------aka Advance Auto

Part number: 131822 <---- Buy it everywhere else for 2,3, & 4 times this price.

Brand New/Lifetime warranty/Aluminum w/anti-corrosive finish

HTH------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sweet! Mebbe I'll get one of those and build a plate to adapt it to the firewall. Thanks for the tip. 8)
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

S10 master for manual brakes will work fine.

You can also use a manual master cylinder for a 74' vette if you go with a Residual pressure valve and adjustable prop valve.

Don't forget to change you pedal ratio.

Comment

Working...
          X