looking for ideas for different AN fuel line routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for ideas for different AN fuel line routing

looking for ideas or suggestions on redoing my #8AN fuel line set up from the regulator to the carb ,i'm looking at going back to this style set up in the 2nd pic . the problem i had was the lines were touching the valve cover and it was hard to pull the AN lines apart at the bowl fitting on the carb . Could i use a 45 or 90 deg fitting at the float bowls or ???

this is how it is currently ...

this is how i had the 8AN lines run up until 3 or so years ago ....
    "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

This is how I mounted mine on my BBC for the '71 GMC. I made the bracket myself out of some 1/2 plate aluminum.

The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

How about putting the regulator on the firewall and feeding the carb from there, with 90 degree fittings on the float bowls?

Comment

Apparently mounting regulators on firewalls is an NHRA no-no.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          Apparently mounting regulators on firewalls is an NHRA no-no.
          Same goes for the isolator for a fuel pressure gauge. Also in his pic it looks like he's got a fuel line running through the firewall into the passenger compartment, that is a big no-no to.
          The Green Machine.
          http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

I would bet that line goes to a cowl mounted fuel pressure gauge.
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
              I would bet that line goes to a cowl mounted fuel pressure gauge.
              Let's hope so.

In the bottom picture it looks as if the small line comes up through the cowl just in front of the windshield.
              Last edited by 68scott385; April 1, 2014, 11:53 AM.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

Same goes for the isolator for a fuel pressure gauge. Also in his pic it looks like he's got a fuel line running through the firewall into the passenger compartment, that is a big no-no to.
                fuel pressure gauge mounted on cowl panel outside of passenger compartment

Comment

just trying to keep it looking late 70's early 80's so i can't use any of those cool looking CNC brackets/mounts

Comment

*And steel braided line is considered okay to cross the fire wall.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I am at 27 years OEM build through the chassis.. along the rocker inside the car. No steel braid through firewall.

Local, the dangling fuel lines outside was as dumb as the brake lines. Shame on NHRA.

I like the regulator, dual output, then to carb.. however that gets worked in, seems smarter.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Why not use a shorter carb fittings?
                        Attached Files
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                          Why not use a shorter carb fittings?

i've got that style fitting in 8AN with 7/8"-20 thread but once you try and connect a fitting to that fitting the lower r/side bowl screw will be in the way and you can't thread it on .This is why i also bought the Russell #640210 bowl fittings like in the 2nd pic as it is 2" long and doesn't get in the way of the bowl screw

Don't understand why the description of the shorter bowl fitting which is 1.2035 inches long and 7/8"-20 thread interfere's with the bowl screws and you can't put another fitting on it

this is the bowl fittings i've got ... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-640210/overview/

these are the shorter 1.2035 long 8AN 7/8"-20 thread i also have but as i mentioned they're short enough to interfere with the lower float bowl screw when attaching another fitting to it

Free Shipping - Fragola Performance Systems Carburetor Inlet Fittings with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Carburetor Inlet Fittings at Summit Racing.

Last edited by oldschoolcamaro; April 1, 2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

pics of the different 8AN 7/8"-20 thread bowl fittings ..

1.2035 inch long 8AN bowl fitting ,notice the interference issue with the float bowl screw

2" long 8AN 7/8"-20 thread bowl fitting ,notice no interference issues

Comment

IDK ... I always take the fitting off before I remove the bowls and never have a problem.
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X