Procomp stuff (junk?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procomp stuff (junk?)

Is this stuff safe to use or is it junk? Where does it com from?
    I am talking about the cranks and rods not the electronics.

Re: Procomp stuff (junk?)

not sure about the crank. Certainly it's "import" so if you believe all the all-knowing gurus here, it can only be JUNK AND WILL KILL YOU. :

however, that address is literally within walking distance of Spectre, I bet Shaun Callaway could go check them out for you. Must be a small place, I never heard of them before this.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I have used some of their stuff, and its been ok, but other stuff will get you killed ;)LOL If Rocker arms can kill you!
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I figured it was imported. I just wondered if it was decent. I think I am done with the imported junk. Thanks guys.

Comment

the cranks and rods are ok. i used them on a recent sbc build i was doing for a friend. the motor made a whopping 334 hp (not the car the motor). as far as the rocker arms go DONT BUY THEM they are junk. scott you have seen the quality of these first hand (think yellow camaro and mustang motor). there are a couple of good engine builders out here in so cal that cant be trusted because they use these rocker arms with out telling people (i wont name any names either).

Comment

Would you trust the crank in a 500 horse N/A motor? What about a 175 shot on top of that? What company do you guys use for your personal stuff? I am sure I would be better off using something american made. Wanting a 383 to 396 small block.

Comment

even the american made crank companies get their steel blanks from overseas. i have used scat the most which if you read automotive news they get their blanks from overseas. I have put their cranks in a couple of high horsepower supercharged chevy's and had no problem.

i wouldnt be afraid of putting one of these imported cranks in a car but if you want some extra security i would go and have it whecked at you local machine shop that you trust.

still havent had a chance to use one of procomps in a high horespower car my self but have seen other people that have done it and they hadnt had any problems with then. (yes they use spray)

Comment

their alluminum heads are pretty good.

Comment

Just wondering about the rocker arms, are you talking about the aluminum ones or the steel ones.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                    Just wondering about the rocker arms, are you talking about the aluminum ones or the steel ones.
                    aluminum.

although the car he's referring too, I believe was later diagnosed as having the "wrong lifters" so it wasn't really the rocker arms' fault. Oil starvation.

-scott
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Heads, so-so, aluminum rockers I was surprised by (needed a little massaging), steel ones were JUNK, HEI dizzy, best bang for the buck...my personal experience...

Comment

The offset rockers have a lot of play from them at a angle like they would be pushed at while running making the rollers run on just a small edge
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

the rockers are fine for a COMPLETELY stock application, when you get into making some HP that is when they dont hold up. I have run into this problem a couple of times with their rocker arms (aluminum), the applications I am refering to are friends cars.

Comment

hmm, I used the shaft mount rockers and was pleased? oh yea, intakes, JUNK...

Comment

just remember

you get what you pay for.

i have never used their intakes so i dont know about those, i have always bought edelbrock.

Comment

Working...
                              X