No announcement yet.

Tubs, or mini-tubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks fantastic Ed- very, very nice!
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

i think Ed needs to be easier on himself... the finish on the bed floor is great!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Very nice Ed.
        How much more tire will it hold now?

Comment

Got the bed bolted back on today..........went pretty well. I'm sure enjoying the air conditioner I put in a few weeks ago......just run it when I'm working out there.....

Tomorrow I'll re-wire the lights and install the tailgate. 'Bout time for a drive.

Allen, there's room for a lot more tire. I'm running 255-75-15s now, which are about 10.5" wide.........I think I could probably go as wide as 13", but will have a problem with the emergency brake cables. They are routed into the front of the calipers.......needless to say the new wheels will have quite a bit of backspacing for that............tomorrow I'll try to get a good picture of the tire in the well from underneath........

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Looking good! It's almost time to let all the smoke out of those tires so you can buy wider ones!
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Good day today........

Got toolbox:

Got lights:

Got room for much larger tires. The brake lines are not an issue at all, but I'll have to come up with another plan for emergency brakes if I use a new wheel/tire combo that is more than about 2" wider.

~~All backspacing as you can see, unless I widen the stepside fenders.......there is about 3-3/4" to 4" between the tire and wheel housings. About the same too the spring'

Flying tomorrow, but maybe Wednesday I'll get the toolbox mounted.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 25, 2014, 06:43 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

You know those rear ends can be shortened to avoid excessive back spacing.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  You know those rear ends can be shortened to avoid excessive back spacing.
                  That would help, no doubt Allen. No big rush, these tires only have 3 or 4 thousand on them, so I've got a little time before I need to decide what to do about replacements. Besides, I need to focus on Mary's coupe. It's about finished, and from what Mike said the trammeling came out very good. They worked the trunk opening for a better gap/line/fit.......I'll get to see it Wednesday also.

On second thought, I could always upgrade to a different rear end/brake combo.........hmmmmmm................
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 25, 2014, 07:30 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Amazing looking box! Rear end can be a Ford Exploder with disks.. Might put one in my 57 to replace the Nova 7.5 in it.. Was what I had that fit, the big 10's I had were too wide..

Comment

All finished guys!

Thanks for the input, ideas, and encouragement. Came out pretty nice, I think. Project is officially, finished!

Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 1, 2014, 06:21 AM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

YOW!!! Awesome outcome, that is beautiful!
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Fantastic!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                          X