Ls swap foxbody cooling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ls swap foxbody cooling question

Most people know my car build from the dragweek forum but decided to post the question in the tech section. I moved the radiator into the core support so it's lower than the engine so I had to use a remote mount surge tank to fill the radiator. My question is I didn't have the surge tank as part of the cooling system just as a fill and decided I wanted it as part of the circulating system so I ran my steam line into the the surge tank. The main fill line is a -12 running into the top of the suction side of the radiator. I used to have steam line running into top of the radiator. Is this a good way to make the tank part of the system? Here's pics of what I did. Here's how my steam line was run into top of the radiator. Here's where I ran the steam line now. It comes from motor and is the black 1/4 inch hose running in the side of the can. The braided line in the photo that's running from under the surge fill tank right behind the top of core support is the fill line for the radiator and is run in on the suction side of radiator.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.
Working...
X