Porter mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter mufflers

What say you? Any personal experience? I remember these being lots more common when I was a kid, why did they go away? I love the sound personally. http://www.ravenworksllc.com/browse....tlet/4,56.html
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

never heard of them.. but this one would fit my tin can:

I could not do a packed muffler and a bought a bullit insyinerator...stainless steel wool as packing seems doable, could scavenge the good stuff back towards the cat.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      What say you? Any personal experience? I remember these being lots more common when I was a kid, why did they go away? I love the sound personally. http://www.ravenworksllc.com/browse....tlet/4,56.html

They look like the old Smithy glasspacks.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

They sure do. Thanks, I was trying to remember that brand name. Smithys sounded great too.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          They sure do. Thanks, I was trying to remember that brand name. Smithys sounded great too.

My former boss's '56 Fairlane had them. I liked their sound. Mellow compared to new ones.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Porter mufflers had a booth at Lonestar Roundup in Austin this year and spent some time talking to the rep that was there (ive got his card somewhere) He got very techical on his product, knew ins and outs, and gave me the complete history. The guys of the company are big fans of BS, I was wearing my BS work shirt and thats how the whole convo started. For me everything i was told, heard and read has sold me on their products
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Very cool info Charles!

Comment

At $100 each - IMHO they have priced themselves out of the market for a lot of folks. My cherry bomb small case turbo's are $29 each through summit, magnaflow, dynomax, and others are typically in the $40 - $60 range - so, they'd better be something really special to command the price hike?
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  At $100 each - IMHO they have priced themselves out of the market for a lot of folks. My cherry bomb small case turbo's are $29 each through summit, magnaflow, dynomax, and others are typically in the $40 - $60 range - so, they'd better be something really special to command the price hike?
                  Maybe the last line, sourced in the USA?

Also a cylinder instead of the standard muffler is a plus for clearance issues and to keep heat away from components like fuel lines and transmissions.

Actually have an old set of chery bomb header flange mufflsers and nothing was like that sound.
                  Last edited by anotheridiot; November 18, 2014, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Well, I guess it depends. I paid $96 each for the dynomax superturbos (17665) and $123 each for the Magnaflows (12641) that I didn't like.

Comment

Working...
                    X