Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for replacement wiring harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for replacement wiring harness?

Anyone used a painless kit or that new American Autowire to replace old wiring? I see either kit for over 500 bucks, American has new ignition switch, but do you really need those full kits if you are sticking to relatively stock wiring needs, one wire alternator, and not adding injection or air conditioning?

I used EZ wire. http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html. was color coded and had writing on each wire.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Milner351 on here used a RebelWire harness on his Falcon.

I talked to RebelWire in person, very helpful and knowledgeable to me. Prices are good as well, lots lower than Painless.
      Last edited by STINEY; December 5, 2014, 10:49 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Have Painless one-size-fits-all (using GM columns/ign sw/turn signal set) harnesses in two cars, pretty happy with them but count on some work of-course. Neat wiring is still some time-consuming stuff.

Comment

American was awesome in our Malibu, the kit works great and is easy to install especially if you're not doing anything custom with aftermarket switches pumps and electronics. We were able to easily modify the kit to meet our needs with ~10 additional weatherpack connectors

Comment

that EZ kit looks fair priced.

theres a shop next to our store that makes nothing but custom wiring harness'. next time i go there i can get they're card/name. i've been in they're shop before and it's very neat and clean. nice people too.

Comment

went with american autowire, thought the extra switches and sockets were worth the money. First thing I open up the briefcase box and it says to cut the bulkhead on anything pre 68. I cant ####ing win even getting the made for the car kit.

Comment

I personally got another wiring harness from a donor car at the salvage yard. Pieced together a new harness from both.

A friend who owns a shop only uses American Autowire.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I use American Autowire. Good stuff, good price.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                  X