TH350 modulator defective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH350 modulator defective?

Anyone know why this happens? Removed TH350 tranny from car to replace converter and noticed raw fuel draining from vacuum line hooked to modulator. Is the modulator shot?

Re: TH350 modulator defective?

Are you sure it's not trans fluid? If the Modulator is bad, the trans fluid will be sucked out thru it. Often times the cause of low fluid level when a leak can't be found.

Comment

If your sure it's fuel then I would rebuild the carb... Somethings leaking and allowing fuel to get into the vaccum line.

Comment

It’s definitely fuel. The carb. has been disassembled and all gaskets replaced. It’s a practically brand new Speed Demon 650 w/vacuum secondary. I’ll be replacing it with a Speed Demon 750 with mech. secondaries.

Comment

My guess the carb's power valve popped dumping gas in it. Or, the floats are too high and gas is dripping past the boosters. Though the car would run noticeably bad with either of these things.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'll check those two things out. Thanks.

Comment

I had that problem once and replacing the modulator fixed the problem. It was definitely gas in the vac line too.

I have no idea how a bad modulator could cause fuel to wind up in the vac line, but I replaced the modulator as a preventive measure. The strange part was that the problem never came back.

Comment

Working...
              X