hydraulic clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydraulic clutch

89 Chevy chyanne..hydraulic clutch issues..was like 35 below with wind chills the other day..tried moving truck in morning..clutch was very stiff..only got to move a couple of feet before it died on two attempts..now there is nothing there..pedal is up with pressure but you can freely put into gears with out use of clutch pedal but no movement..any ideas

shifter or linkage broke??
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Can feel where gears are suppose to be but you can put shifter anywhere without use of clutch no grinding..heard somewhere that hydraulic clutches sometimes freeze in cold temps..is this poss

Comment

It is possible for the hydraulic clutch to freeze since they use brake fluid and it absorbs water. Many people have found that changing the fluid in their system makes it feel much better and even lighter too.
        Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
        1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
        1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

I don't live where it gets really cold.. I would guess brake fluid thickens in extreme cold?
          I'm thinking maybe it pushed the fork but did not retract for some reason..
          Here it is recomended we depress the clutch while in storage.. My BCS is notorious for sticking over winter

Comment

Working...
          X