Tuning Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning Software

So these 85-95 OBD1 chips, is this a skill that is easy to learn or is it something to leave to the professionals. I was watching a guy showing what equipment was needed, showing UV burners or flash proms that you use where you cant put the cover back on the ecm.
    I am sure some of you on this side program your own stuff. I was trying to email a guy to talk about my 85 TPI, to see to build to his specs or have him make a chip for what I built, but I gotta think running an AFR gauge will tell me points I am rich or lean and there would be a running adjustment to make.

Is this something that is not for the novice or have you guys learned to do it yourself?

It's a personal thing I think. If you're easily frustrated or intimidated it might not be the best plan. If you have a sense of adventure and like learning new junk, which is pretty much all of us here at BangShift! then I'd say Go for it!

Have a look at Moates site, they have information on what it takes to burn a tune to a chip or run a chip emulator

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

guy started there, went to tuner pro, couldnt get bins loaded to see what they actually look like.

Comment

A little late to this party but like previously stated its not for everyone. Just because you own a welder does not mean you are a welder, the same applies with tuning. I jumped in head first and sank! Check out dynamic EFI, it's probably better for the beginner or maybe holley terminator. I have both and still struggle with both. I spent a small fortune sending chips to various tuners and my tpi never ran like it should. If I had a professional tuner local to go to I would. Most everything I have is a real bastard that was pieced together from a junkyard to save money! I have enough money in my jeep and 95 fuel injection to buy a new car.
        I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Just looking for this old project we want to do. I was told they will build me a stage 2 chip, for bigger cam and bigger injectors. Just wondering how many parameters will still want to be changed after installing it. I am hoping these new EFI's start going down in price, but that will probably mean they are made and assembled overseas and I dont want that either.

Comment

Dynamic is about as cheap as it gets and Rbob on thirdgen.org is great for support.
            I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Working...
            X