FiTech TBI units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiTech TBI units

First post, have been following along for awhile now. i just read that FiTech fi out of California will be launching a 4 inj and 8 inj TBI unit on March 1st. the 4 inj system is $995 and 8 inj is $1495. i emailed the company today asking if the components are all made in America and a few other things. they have a few nice features. i'm looking fwd to hear feedback on these units. FiTech Fuel Injection is realeasing a TBI unit on March 1st. http://go-n2o.com
    i had started looking into the Megasquirt system after reading about it on here.

I have one for testing.

BluePrint tested one with, as I am told, VERY good results.

I'll wait until I see it in action but, I know the guys behind it and trust them a lot. this one might be the TBI that DOES keep up with a carburetor. Have you looked down inside it yet to see what's going on? True Annular Discharge.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I am looking fwd to reading your review. I saw that discharge, that and data logging are some of the nice features along with the price. I got an email from them today describing the components and the dimensions of the Command Fuel Centre which at its widest is 6" and 8" long. I have a 72 Corvette with a GM 383 that I dropped in last summer. The wiring seems simpler to work with than the FAST unit - just from watching the video.

Comment

They are starting to get some press, this will be interesting to watch.
        We all wish there was an affordable complete EFI kit–FiTech has developed a seamless EFI kit. We take a closer look to learn more about it.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dieselgeek anything to report? looks like they decided to remove the external pump and hose from the $995 deal. I would have opted for an in tank pump anyway due to noise and not wanting to run 2 additional pumps (external and Command Centre). They also want $100 pre order downpayment. Dieselgeek you know the co better than me are they under capitalised?

Comment

I have one unit but it hasn't been tested yet - the first Vizard trip, we didn't get to it in time. But in a month or two we'll get to it I think!

I do not believe they are undercapitalized, you can talk to the design engineer of that TBI on Speedtalk.com forums. His name is Jeremy Schmidt, and he is *very* sharp. I believe they are behind the manufacturing curve and demand is high out of the gate - hence a pre order $$. I know we had to wait about 2 weeks for ours and it was fresh out of manufacturing. It is a very nice looking piece so far. I know Blueprint tested one with good results so far. They do good testing
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thanks for the update, they did drop the pre order charge to $50. Looking fwd to reading yours and other reviews.

Comment

The TBI units are starting to ship with the Control Centers about another 3 weeks. Company said that they were not happy with the quality control on the fuel control unit. I would think that most would go with an in tank pump setup. Hopefully will start reading reviews soon.

Comment

has anybody on here used one yet?
                  your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

I've been waiting on reading more reviews. So far a couole of guys on the Corvetteforum C3 section have them with the control centre and are very pleased. I've talked with them both and they'd buy it again. Since I have a 72 Corvette I found that they both went with the cc innteresting as there is so little room in our engine compartments. I've also read of a few who have installed them on Mustangs (Vintage Mustang forum) and Pontiacs with the same excellent reviews as the guys I know from the CForum. I'm hoping that our $C rises by next spring then I'll buy one along with a Vintage Air system. I heard that they have shipped well over 500 units so hopefully more reviews will be forthcoming.
                    Last edited by gdh; October 12, 2015, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Bumpity. Just wondering.

Comment

I just installed the 600 Power Adder kit on my Nova. It was very easy to install. Starts right up, its neat cause you can watch it learn as it running. It is also a weird feeling after being used to playing with the carb and timing to get it running good. I hope to put some miles on the car this weekend but so far so good. The first test drive went very well car drives very smooth even with a clutch and supercharger on there. not much bucking and lower rpm's. Like the box say never buy a carb again. That might be very true for me.

Comment

Here's a link to a dyno comparison btn the FiTech and a Holley 950 carb. Interesting results.

Comment

Originally posted by gdh View Post
                            Here's a link to a dyno comparison btn the FiTech and a Holley 950 carb. Interesting results.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ghlight=Fitech
                            Thanks for posting the link on the carb vs. the efi that was a very good write up. I would say on mine it's the low to mid range that makes a real differance. With a small supercharger it is very snappy.

Comment

It seems ppl are happy with the tbi unit but some serious issues with the Fuel Command Centre sump pump. The vent is filling with gas causing shut downs. One guy sent his back to be fixed , came back with the same issues. There are 3 or 4 guys over on Chevelle.com with the same issues. FiTech said that the early units had known issues but these one are new and one was supposedly repaired by FiTech. They have measured the fuel pressure going into the FCC and it is well within FiTech's recommended pressure.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-e...w-pics-39.html

I am going to hold off on the FiTech tbi unit and wait on reviews for the new same priced Holley unit. Will probably go with a new efi tank even though my existing tank is in excellent condition when I install efi.
                              Last edited by gdh; March 26, 2016, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X