advice on custom sheet-metal intake for roots blower and EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on custom sheet-metal intake for roots blower and EFI

OK, I am finally ready to get an intake built. The application is for an odd-fire v6 chevy, pro-street, 4-71 huffer, EFI on E-85. I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row on what to ask for. I know I need an IAT port, 2 water coolant ports (one for the computer and one for the gauge), one small port for the pressure line going to the megasquirt, and bungs on each port for the injectors. Any advice, tips, recommendations, or others thoughts from all are welcome. I want to make sure I do this right before I drop coin on this thing. Also, I am not sure where to go for this but I will probably get a quote from Hogan. If you can recommend a reputable source for the build it would also be appreciated.

ed

from a welder/fabricator stand point, i'd want pics or diagrams of exactly where you want the bungs, etc. welded. the more details, the better.

Comment

You want the bungs parallel so the injectors are parallel and the fuel rail sits nicely on them, but do your best at the same time to angle them into the head towards the valve. Being a "V" engine, my guess just off vertical is going to be as ideal as possible.

I personally would put at least one more MAP port in the intake so you can hook up an vac/boost gauge or anything else to it. I know you can tee the one line, but sometimes its handy to have a second port if you need different sized lines.

As for the IAT, just watch for heat soak issues. My first instinct was to say mount it in the air filter housing, but that won't account for the heating from the blower.

If you are running a heater core in the vehicle, check if you need a third coolant passage into the intake.
      Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 14, 2015, 09:39 AM.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Thanks guys. yes, my current set-up has big time IAT heat-soak issues. So much so, it forced me to move it above the blower. My current manifold is the only v6 to 4-71 blower on the market (from BDS) for 23 degree heads. I have been wanting to step up to my 18 degree heads for while but knew I would have to have a custom intake built for them. The runners are very short and shrouded by the blower so I couldn't run port injectors either.

Comment

Holy !@#$, Hogan wants close to $4500 for the intake with rails, bungs, and fittings!!!! I know they do good work but I wasn't expecting that much.

Comment

And THAT is what forces the building of monstrosities like this

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Working...
              X