EFI Source success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI Source success!

Thanks to Dieselgeek and the poobahs at EFI Source for their help getting our LT1 project going with the (formerly Spectre) EMS now sold by EFI Source.

Scott had the patience to troubleshoot with me for hours when we had some goofy miss that would act like a rev limiter around 3200rpm. Traced everything down and couldn't find the problem. Ended up taking the wiring harness back off, laying back out to make sure the tach input wire was nowhere near the injectors (could be picking up noise) and also swapped headers as the header flanges were right on the spark plugs and wanted to make sure they weren't grounding out. Whatever we did worked and the EMS performed perfectly. It uses Megatune as the software and is SUPER-easy to tune with. We used an LM1 to eyeball by itself and also a narrow band hooked up to the EMS. Timing and fuel changes were almost instant. We used GM sensors and an LS1 Hall effect pickup with a hall effect trigger wheel from the defunct Holley Anhililator line.

Again thanks Scott. Look for an upcoming story in PHR...

Re: EFI Source success!

check your mail for a reasonable bill ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      check your mail for a reasonable bill ;D
      (Spidey, if you buy an EMS-pro, you get me for tech support absolutely free)

Way to go Daryl!! he's running an interesting combination of parts but it works good,

-scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

lol its never free kidding scott (i can say this shit cause he use to be my boss lol omg i almost lost my toe workin with scott and chad late one night)

Comment

Daryl,

That's awesome! Tell Shannon I said hi too. It was probably something he screwed up... ;D ;D ;D

The EMS Pro is bitchin. I love it in Rusty, and can't wait for the next upgrade which will be a microsquirt trans controller.

Have fun.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

BTW a bolt together LT1 383 with the Edelbrock LT4 heads and intake and a 242/248 hyd roller cam will make 500hp on pump gas...

Comment

On a kinda related note, I have just received my EFI Coil Igniter from EFI Source and it is a work of art. On this go around of the never-ending engine upgrade story I am finally ditching the distributor and conventional ignition in favor of two four tower Pantera EFI coils and the EFI Source igniter along with a 7.25" 36-1 EDIS wheel and LS-1 style pick-up sensor.

This turns out to be a very cost effective change over given they are all new parts and these are top of the line in terms of quality and functionality. I will be reusing the EMS-Pro of course which is OEM'd by EFI Source and it will now have full control over the spark timing with far higher accuracy and a stronger spark to boot. All the better for the 300 shot of N2O. All in I'll have a bit over $300 into the conversion.

You could also do a similar conversion with some careful pick-ur-part salvage work for less than $100, but frankly I like having the peace of mind of purpose built OEM quality components that are intended for four figure horsepower applications in highly stressed, hot environments.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

You said FOUR FIGURE HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You are the greatest Bill.

Watch out for those coils. As you know I have them. And they scare me. They could kill you. Don't touch let them shock you. I've been hit by an MSD plenty of times, which might explain a few things, but I was told these kick like 10 MSDs, which is cool. Until they shock you. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Four figures is goooooood.

BTW I just got straight armed by a MSD yesterday. Forgot how fun that was. Makes Tig welding feel tame;)

Comment

I'm glad there are guys like Scott and Wes Kiser (and probably many more) around to help with the EFI stuff.

Whats the LT1 going in?

Comment

The short block is going in a customers car and the top end is undergoing some improvements to go in my firebird

Comment

Working...
                      X