FITech Power Adder 600HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FITech Power Adder 600HP

Just bought one of these units for my Nova. I have no clue of fuel injection set ups or how they work yet. Does anyone have any feedback on these units yet i know they are kind of new. My hope is better all around driving. Car has a small block with a nice solid cam 142 weiand supercharger and a 5 speed w/3:42 gears. right now seems to get about 13-14mpg hoping for a little better mpg. Please let me know if you have any feed back. As i will also update as I install the new set up and let you know my outcome.

although we do not have any experience with these..we would be very interested in seeing how it works out!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Here's a little look at getting everything on. Almost there. If it ever stops snowing around here and i can get back in the garage.

Comment

Well I got the Efi all hooked up and running now. And if anyone is interested in one of these systems. I say Go for it.. Install was pretty simple about 10-15 hours to put everything in it's place nice and neat. I had a 870 street Avenger that worked good. but there is a very noticeable difference with this EFI set up. The car with a supercharger and being a manual would sometimes buck if you weren't at the right RPM's. Now you do not have that much at all. The throttle is very crisp and there is almost no bog at any RPM now. And if you want to do burnouts you will love it. (tires might hate it).

I know a lot of people say but that's another $1,600.00 but if you drive your car more that to a show and back the seat of the pant's feel is worth it. I have done overdrive and now EFI and I know I will not have a car without it OD. And I'm starting to feel to same way with the EFI.

I will check the MPG after a nice 200-300 mile drive this weekend and report how that is after I get back. Before mpg was around 14 so we that will be the next test.

Comment

Looking forward to your results. I'm really thinking about a unit like this on my Olds' SBC when it gets overhauled and maybe my '74 Corvette as well.
          Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
          1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
          1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Well a little update on my Nova. The EFI works great so great that with all my playing I have spun a bearing in the bottom end...So I will be changing the motor over the next few weeks. more updates soon. Driveabilty was awesome and I would highly recommenced this kit to anyone. But doing rolling 40-50 mph burnouts may not be the best thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
              But doing rolling 40-50 mph burnouts may not be the best thing in the world for your crank bearings.
              Edited for accuracy, at least you were having fun.
              Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
              1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
              1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Is the Nova back on the road? I am looking at the 8 injector model with Fuel Command Center. Been running an old 850 Demon for 30,000 miles and it is HORRIBLE in the winter. My daily driver is 4800# BBC 496 with Crower Mech roller, 107 LSA .

2 questions, did you mpg improve? I am currently 5 around town and best of 8 highway.
                Any issues with unit?

I really need to ditch my wore out junk and will either go new carb or TBI efi.

Thanks
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I am thinking about the 400hp kit for my el camino. Seems like the simplest design/install so far. Passed on an 800hp for $900 because it was too much for my SBC. $1200 seems to be the going rate.

Comment

Working...
                  X