lt1 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt1 questions

I bought a new to me toy to replace the green malibu. A 95 s10 with a 96 lt1-4l60e that's supposed to be from a 96 camaro ss. It has aluminum heads on it and it runs good. The swap looks like it was done "right " with everything hooked up and working including the a/c and heat.
    The swap was done with headers and a single exhaust with a catalytic converter. The person i bought it from was not mechanically inclined at all and didn't know anything about it.
    I know these cars are kind of in limbo because of the transition to obd2. I was able to identify the computer as a 96 caprice unit according to what the snap on scanner could pull up.
    This is my first efi toy,and it's built exactly like i would have done it myself, but how do i effectively tune this thing? I want to learn and not just drop it off at a shop and stroke a check.
    Last edited by 82z; March 6, 2016, 02:42 PM.
    Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

an obd2 scanner that can grab at monitoring things.
    that engine should be dual banked,
    with that front optical ign?

easy stuff.

the o2 sensors are updated since 96. Little things to notice.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have access to the scanner for data acquisition, just no idea on the programing side of it.
      Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

MAn, why would they do all that work and not take the computer from the Camaro? Maybe a front end wreck with the PCI damaged?

I want to learn to program too, have no clue how to do it though. I can read everything on our cars with the Modis, not many variables I can see being able to change. Really dont know what tuning you are looking for though, maybe you should look at just buying a computer from a 96 camaro?

Comment

I want to be able to program the transmission like a shift kit, adjust the spedo, and adjust the timing if i throw a spare nitrous kit at it.

Comment

If it's obd1 you can go with a Dynamic EFI controller and a stand alone trans controller. You can down load tuner-pro for for free and get the cables to get every thing connected. Not recommended for the novice. I think Holley has a controller that will cover both the engine and trans. Lots of info over at GearHead EFI. If you have ever heard the saying " just because you have a welder does not make you a welder" well thats the way it is for me with tunning. I suck at computers so it's been a long and steep and expensive learning curve.
            I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

It's the first year of obd2, i think that is part of the problem with the lack of info.
              Well that and the fact it's not a ls

Comment

maybe shoot Chad an email([email protected]), Rusty has a swapped lt1 in it.
                Last edited by nesabo; March 13, 2016, 09:39 AM.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X