Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumpin455
    replied
    The Sniper looks similar to the FiTech, but its not the same one. Very close, but considerably different. I like the throttle arm on the Holley better. Getting the Fitech hooked to my throttle cable was kind a pain. The arm is very close to the body. For the most part the FiTech ran good, had something hard break on it while I was doing a compression test, It isn't getting a tach signal. No idea what happened, but they are sending me another one and I'm shipping this one back.

I wanted the Sniper, but they have been pushing it back so much I gave up on it. Was supposed to come out last year, and now they are saying September. Anyway, now that I have built a high pressure fuel system for cheap, and it works great on a 65, plans are in motion to build a multi port system with MegaSquirt. I'll run the Fitech and see what it can do on different engine, so far I like it.

Leave a comment:

• anotheridiot
    replied
    F me, the edelbrock 3600 at pep boys thru amazon is now 1408.

Leave a comment:

• anotheridiot
    replied
    Holley apparently moved the date to sometime in september. I was buying from Holleyinjection.com, he wanted to offer a terminator package at a discount in place of the sniper, but apparently, Holley will not be delivering any of them until sometime in August.

Really odd that holley is so far behind. Is it the demand or are there that many problems.

Anyway, found an edelbrock 3600 for about 1600 on amazon thru pep boys, everyone else is up around 2 grand or more. Guess we see how it goes this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• anotheridiot
    replied
    no shipment 5-15 from Holley, Maybe July 1 now.

Leave a comment:

• Mater
    replied
    most have been putting them where the charcoal canister was

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    This is a system worth looking at http://www.robbmcperformance.com/pro...owersurge.html I have purchased a few things from him and he has good service. The price seems fair.

I just can't imagine where you would put one of these surge deals, obviously people can squeeze them in but in my case I couldn't see it happening.

Leave a comment:

• anotheridiot
    replied
    Just got to reading the fitech thread, found they have their own external sump that looks alot nicer for 395 with gauges too. so is this Holley buying up competition or competing?

Leave a comment:

• anotheridiot
    replied
    I am just considering the learning. The 2500 dollar systems use o2, temperature sensor, tach signal.

I am also wondering if anyone has reviews of the Edelbrock sump kit http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...uel-kits.shtml

We rebuilt this camaro, new tank, new sending unit, new lines, new everything, so dropping the tank to put an internal pump and return line is gonna get us back to the 2500 sooner than later.

I like this idea, the mechanical fuel pump fills this little tank which houses a high pressure pump right in the engine bay.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Hmm looks like Holley saw a threat.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Cramer
    replied
    As near as I can tell, it is a rebadged FiTech, possibly with some minor software changes.

Leave a comment:

• Mater
    replied
    Interesting reminds me a lot of the fitech TBI self learning system

Leave a comment:

• anotheridiot
    started a topic Holley Sniper

Holley Sniper

anybody looking at these? https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...on/sniper_efi/

Got a preorder in at holleyinjection.com, they only asked for 50 bucks now, will charge the rest three days before shipping sometime in june.

its finally here, but going to half price and what seems like very limited parameters make me think tuning will take longer.
Working...
X