16v vs. 12v?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16v vs. 12v?

Anyone run a 16v charging system and battery? I've been thinking about running a boost a pump to the fuel pump which increases the voltage to as much as 17v and KB has a system that boosts it to as high as 20v. I know that the ECU works better with higher voltage, although I need to research what is the most the Haltech will take. Anyhow, sort of like deciding to run E85 instead of water/meth injection, I'm wondering if just going to a higher voltage system would be better.

Anyone have any experience with the 16v systems and how hard/easy it is to convert?

Bob

Re: 16v vs. 12v?

while your Electromotive can probably support 16v, I am pretty sure they're going to tell you not to run it at that voltage constantly. It will change your tune a LOT because it changes the rate which the injectors open and close.

I've don a number of cars that run the "dual" systems, a battery with both 12v and 16v. The pumps sure like the 16+v, but all the rest of them ran the engine management on regular 12-14v.

That being said, I'm not 100% sure about the Electromotive so let us know what they say,

-Scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Its a Haltech. I'd probably need to do a step down box to drop it back to 12v. So I guess its either step up with a Boost a pump to the fuel pump or step down to the 12v for the engine electronics.

On reflection, I may just be needlessly complicating things again.

Bob

Comment

I can never seem to commit that you run a Haltech to my brain cells. it's always Electromotive, or Autronic, or.... something else
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That's ok, there are days I forget my name. ;)

Comment

Working...
          X