SHOUT OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOUT OUT

This is my clearly inadequate way of saying thanks to all the guys on this forum for the help I've received in getting my pump gas BBF finally across the line to full EFI via Mega Squirt/ EMS-Pro. With Scott, Chad and Shaun on hand and Mike T., Brian Rock and seemly a cast of thousands by phone we managed to get my lump tuned and working and made an almost 160 HP improvement over the last setup with a little help from a new cam, a .5 increase in compression and a better ring package. Oh and the estimate is 930-940 HP at the crank. Wheeee!

Story to come with a little help from Chad and Scott. The set up is simple: EMS-Pro, Accufab throttle body, RCI 130 lb. injectors, EFI Source Igniter, Pantera EFI coils, MSD Wires, Ford 36-1 EDIS wheel, GM LS1 sensor and about three miles of wire and 30 Weather Pak connectors.

And we drove it a hundred miles round trip to the dyno in 106 degree heat.

Couldn't have done it with out you! Thanks guys.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Re: SHOUT OUT

Welcome to the Dark side Bill.

The higher overall TQ will help get a better # at the track too.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Thanks Jeff, much work to be done, but the trap speed says we're getting there.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

so what kind of times/trap speed did you guys end up getting? congrates on the build. sounds like a great setup

Comment

Consistent high 139's with one 140.4 MPH

Comment

You do realize that with only 10 more mph you have to have a chute. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I realize on rereading I neglected to mention ET's. The best was the 10.12 @140.4 but it also clocked a 10.24 and a 10.18 all at 139.7. I was playing with suspension settings trying to get a dead hook which I still haven't yet.

At 135 I have to get an NHRA license. Something else on the list.

Chad, I will not put a chute on it until I'm required to as I think chutes on cars that aren't close on MPH are like wheelie bars on barges that won't pull the front tires.

Lets see how the N2O works out at the next dyno session and we'll see about hitting 150. How much do you suppose it'll need to pick up 10 MPH?

Comment

I have to go with saftey Bill at 135 and something goes wrong the quickest way to straighten the car out is dropping the laundry when testing things go wrong :'(
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Jeff, that is something I should have thought about. I'll add that to the list too. $$$$$

Comment

Working...
                  X