Idle adjustments with the IAC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle adjustments with the IAC.

I won't be able to get back to tinkering with my car until Monday after work so I thought I'd post these questions here in lieu of some trial and error experimenting. I have my car idling pretty good at 700rpm when warmed up (starts right up cold (~45*F) as well), and have the IAC set with the warm up(with the MS2 2.89). The throttle body is 1,000cfm and I have the throttle plates pretty much closed up and it's idling through the air bypass and whistling pretty good, like sucking through a straw :P. Now I figure I can open up the throttle blades a bit with the idle adjustment screw and pull some of the air out of the IAC, does anyone know for sure if this will quiet it up? Checking one of the data logs shows it idles at 650rpm (I've bumped it up since then) and a MAP reading of 40kpa.

Now when I adjust the idle screw should I re-calibrate the TPS sensor? Is there an option on MS2 v2.89 to have it target an rpm with the IAC so when I go from 7000' down to sea level my idle stays the same?

Thanks.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Re: Idle adjustments with the IAC.

It should kill some air speed thru it a factory car uses a 30% duty cycle for this and to have better control of idle
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

30% definately sounds more reasonable than 100% :P

Comment

I'm not very familiar with the GM-style IACs, but I know that you want to have it working at a low opening when the engine is warmed up. So that it can open further, when it needs more air at cold warmup times.

Sounds like it's running pretty good, no more reset problems?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

This one never had any reset issues. I just couldn't get it to read a tach signal. But sorted that out by pulling a few capacitors and diodes I mistakenly installed :P

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
            Now when I adjust the idle screw should I re-calibrate the TPS sensor?
            Bump.

Comment

Now when I adjust the idle screw should I re-calibrate the TPS sensor?
              Bump.
              if you're only using it for accel enrichments, it's not a big deal. but it never hurts to recalibrate it either..
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
              X