MS-II runs good after reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS-II runs good after reset

I'm having a problem with a megasquirt II setup. If I just start the car sometimes it runs well, sometimes it's everything it can do to idle. Running down the interstate it will have an intermittent lean stumble if I keep the throttle steady for too long. I'm not sure how I figured this out, but if I just start it, quickly switch off the power and turn it back on without letting it die, it runs great. It will start cold, idle out of the garage, run great, never stumble or die at stoplights. What do you guys think is causing this?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Re: MS-II runs good after reset

Originally posted by ka67_72
    I'm having a problem with a megasquirt II setup. If I just start the car sometimes it runs well, sometimes it's everything it can do to idle. Running down the interstate it will have an intermittent lean stumble if I keep the throttle steady for too long. I'm not sure how I figured this out, but if I just start it, quickly switch off the power and turn it back on without letting it die, it runs great. It will start cold, idle out of the garage, run great, never stumble or die at stoplights. What do you guys think is causing this?

Thanks,
    Kevin

I'm sure Matt Cramer will have more input that me, as he has more MS2 experience, but...

you should be able to see what's going on in the datalogs. Is the MS commanding less fuel during the lean stumbles? being able to reset it seems strange. It's possible you have a bad firmware load, I've seen an MS1 get corrupted if it gets interrupted during an MSQ or firmware load. Maybe try reflashing your firmware, make sure you're current, then create a brand new MSQ in case your old one is corrupt...?

But if you have datalogs of this happening, post up, one of us should be able to see something weird,

-Scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Scott,
      I'll see if I can find some datalogs of it doing it. I haven't messed with it for a while. I had pretty much given up. There was nothing on the logs but the lean out and then the computer trying to compensate. Without the ego on it would just go lean and nothing else would budge. I think your right about the firmware. I've had issues in the past with my vista laptop wigging out while tuning and then having to reflash the MS to get it to communicate. It's XP now. I'll try reflashing it again.

Thanks,
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ka67_72
        Scott,
        I'll see if I can find some datalogs of it doing it. I haven't messed with it for a while. I had pretty much given up. There was nothing on the logs but the lean out and then the computer trying to compensate. Without the ego on it would just go lean and nothing else would budge. I think your right about the firmware. I've had issues in the past with my vista laptop wigging out while tuning and then having to reflash the MS to get it to communicate. It's XP now. I'll try reflashing it again.

Thanks,
        Kevin
        it should be pretty clear from a datalog, whatever external input is causing a lean condition. So, hit me up with a M and I'll give you an email address you can send to,

-Scott
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Resetting it usually causes baro correction to be way off. I think you may simply need to retune the fuel tables - perhaps they'd been originally tuned under those circumstances?

Comment

I just reflashed the firmware. That seemed to take care of it.

Thanks,
            Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X