FAST air/fuel ratio meter with MS settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAST air/fuel ratio meter with MS settings

Does anyone have the appropriate conversion settings so that a FAST dual channel AFR box can be properly datalogged and read in MegaLog viewer. There are default settings for Innovate's LM-1, 2 etc. but not the FAST unit.

I could swear that Scott and I had that working once upon a time but I can't figure out what changes to make where. As it is I get totally wacky lambda's.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Re: FAST air/fuel ratio meter with MS settings

Matt Cramer hopefully sees this.

Matt, I had it working on Bill's Megatune setup "close" but not accurately, by using a similar wideband's config. However, can't we build our own scale in the megatune config file that lets me ACCURATELY convert the voltage output of the FAST wideband into accurate O2 readings in megatune?

Further, can't I also do the same scaling in the Log Viewer application?

Bill, what would help is if you could dig up the "voltage scale" output of the FAST wideband for us, and post it here...

-Scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'd need to have a look at the voltage vs AFR chart for it, but I'd be glad to help.

Comment

Found this in the PDF manual for theFAST wideband that Bill uses:

Advanced Options:
        Fuel Type: Gasoline and alcohol (i.e. methanol) fuel calibrations can be selected, depending
        on the type of fuel you chose to run. Once this is selected, it will become the default value
        when the unit is powered up. You can go back later and change the fuel type at any time.
        Analog Output Mode: When reading air/fuel in this mode, an additional analog signal output
        is provided that will run most external, electronic air/fuel gauges and/or feed an external data
        logger (Fig. B). This signal is sent via two wires that are factory contained under the connector
        heat-shrink wrap at the display housing end of the wiring harness (Fig. B). Simply cut the
        shrink wrap back and pull out the black and grey wires. The black wire is the signal ground
        wire and the grey wire is the analog signal output wire.
        Simple Mode: This takes the output voltage and multiplies it by 10 to calculate the actual
        air/fuel ratio.
        Many external electronic air/fuel gauges use this signal type.
        High Res Mode: This provides a 0 - 4.096 volt output signal. Certain digital gauges and data
        acquisition systems use this type of signal.
        Narrow Band Simulator Mode: This provides a narrow band output signal that simulates
        many OEM style air/fuel sensors. This will allow you to use the wide-band style sensor the
        FAST? Air/Fuel Meter uses not only to serve the air/fuel meter, but to also run the engine?s
        computer. This mode is compatible only with pre-OBDII vehicles.

Frankly, that's pretty crappy documentation. They only give you the AFR/Voltage information for "Low Res" mode ???
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The Simple Mode version would work for the INNOVATE_1_2_LINEAR setting. Annoying that they don't give out their settings. Although it appears later FAST AFR meters are actually rebadged Innovate LC-1s.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
            The Simple Mode version would work for the INNOVATE_1_2_LINEAR setting. Annoying that they don't give out their settings. Although it appears later FAST AFR meters are actually rebadged Innovate LC-1s.
            Bill has an earlier unit I think. It doesnt' look like a pair of LC1s to me, and it has an LCD display.

I'll work with Bill configuring his laptop and EMS for othe 1-2 linear EGO input. Thanks Matt,

-Scott

Comment

Yeah, the one I was talking about is pretty blatant - it's simply a G3 gauge with the Innovate logo replaced with the FAST logo. Hopefully the new settings will get it working.

Comment

Matt, can you cut & paste or post some instructions for Bill to do this with the configurator? Otherwise, I am going to walk him through editing the settings.ini file manually...

-Scott

Comment

Scott, Matt, and Bill

Here is the calibration table that I use for the Fast Widebands, hope this helps guys.

position bits lambda afr
                  1 0 0.65 9.555
                  2 56 0.7 10.29
                  3 112 0.755 11.098
                  4 168 0.805 11.833
                  5 224 0.86 12.642
                  6 280 0.91 13.377
                  7 336 0.96 14.112
                  8 392 1.015 14.92
                  9 444 1.065 15.655
                  10 500 1.12 16.464
                  11 556 1.17 17.199
                  12 612 1.22 17.934
                  13 668 1.275 18.742
                  14 724 1.325 19.477
                  15 780 1.38 20.286
                  16 836 1.43 21.021

Comment

what's "bits" - is that voltage? if so - that helps us a lot!

Comment

let me see if i have the voltage layout to this. my system looks at different readings than yours. give me a few min.

Comment

volts are as followed

correlate these with lambda/afr reading from my above chart

Comment

That's what I'm talkin' about. There are geniuses on the board. Now for that settings.ini file.

Thanks guys. I'm using the wife's laptop now that my work installed an unlikkablke anti-virus that screws with everything including datalogs and attempting to load different .msq.s
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

no worries now that im unemployed email me as much as you need to.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Shaun. First Spectre, now this. Here's to hoping your next job turns out better.

Comment

Working...
                              X