NO EFI in EMC finals. ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NO EFI in EMC finals. ??

So...when do we get that "ignore" button?? ;)

Comment

c'mon , I don't offend
      geek comes over to my side of the fence and runs all my little buddies off , so if I catch him being a tad silly , I POUNCE

I also stomp on uneducated theorum

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
        Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        but speedster says that never works hahahah

see lots of excuses , but cold start driveability is not a part of the contest

for all the bluster , no results , as predicted
        dulcich did the efi/carb test years ago and the carb won then too
        and yet, the highest horsepower racing engines all run EFI.... strange ???
        naturally aspirated???? ihra pro stock making 1900hp - carb

top fuel dragsters, blown alcohol dragsters, fuel dragsters - all mechanical injection

best efi I've heard of is 3500hp with big turbos

best efi naturally aspirated????

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary

best efi I've heard of is 3500hp with big turbos
          You don't have tractor pulls out there Daryl?? :D
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

nyuk nyuk nyuk
            swamp buggy racing gets bigger tv ratings

Comment

nyuk nyuk nyuk
              swamp buggy racing gets bigger tv ratings
              guess I didn't realize that the question was "which is better at TV ratings, EFI or Carbs?"

last I checked, guys like Petty and Lynch weren't interested in carbs for their turbo engines. And MFI is a heluva lot closer to EFI than a carb. But frankly, the whole blown/nitro or blown/alky combos have been around for a long time. Kinda old news.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

oh , so now absolute mechanical injection is efi ? where do you install the MAF ? think burning 15 gallons of fuel a run will make it through an emissions test ?
                at WOT - DO you REALLY NEED EFI ?

Comment

oh , so now absolute mechanical injection is efi ? where do you install the MAF ? think burning 15 gallons of fuel a run will make it through an emissions test ?
                  none of that made sense. I've never installed a "MAF" on any car I tuned...
                  at WOT - DO you REALLY NEED EFI ?
                  You probably never will. And that's fine!

But feel free to show this guy how to make 3000hp with a carb:

Comment

Fastest Top Dragster out right now I think has EFI on it N/A

I don't see the huge diff between EFI and Mech as far as your pushing fuel threw a orfice with Pressure one of these days someone will make a big enough EFI Injector to pass that much fuel and it will make its way there.

2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Ever wonder why they wont let EFI in any of the Pro Categories if it is so slow????????

Comment

I think there is absolutely zero question that EFI is easier to deal with on a boosted application, especially anything above 20psig. The question that was basically formed here is in regards to naturally aspirated engines at WOT which is what the EMC deals with. Will properly tuned efi make more average or peak power than a properly tuned carb? Both have the ability to electronically tune the spark curve so that is moot. it is then just a question of how the fuel is delivered.

I'd be very interested to see or do a comparison with a generic hot rod engine using similar intake manifolds for EFI/carb to see what's what. Maybe I can talk Hunkins into letting me do a story on such a thing.

I absolutely love my megasquirt (EFI Source EMS!) that's on my LT1 firebird, but would it make more power with a carb??? who knows. I believe the main problem that we run into what comparing apples is the availability of good intake manifolds. So far, about every LS1 that I've seen converted to a carb made more power than when it was injected. However that also included a major intake manifold change. Sure would be nice to figure out what manifolds work best for EFI to level the field.

Example: A couple years ago we ran my friend's 352 chevy ( 4.155 x 3.25) with a regular vic jr and it made 520hp no problem. We swapped intakes to the Accel single plane EFI intake - looks like a vic jr but with injector bungs - stuffed injectors in the bungs and ran it with the carb again and it lost almost 40 hp. Basic dimesions were the same but the injector bungs protrude down into the runner so far it half blocks off the ports. Major work needed to bring the power back to the Vic level. No comparison with out of the box parts.

Comment

Well maybe the wrong path is being taken

Wilson Manifolds manufactures the highest performing and finest quality products possible to our customers in the automotive and racing industries.

or spray above like a CFI unit

Its all about fuel control and I would think the CPU would do a better job and if not its not a fail on it it is with the programing

Comment

Is it an atomization issue? Carbs can be very effective at WOT. Injectors are very dependent on fuel pressure, and pintile design. I think most folks do a set it and forget it with those issues. I found that a higher pressure worked well with the alcohol. And I may try a different set of injectors than the RCs I currently have in order to get better atomization. Injector dynamics??

I think if I was going to do an EMC entry with EFI I'd go to an IR manifold with a set of "weber" injector/butterfly set ups. Than I could vary the injector stack length to tune in the induction system.

Comment

don't forget low cost
                              cost factor is huge

Comment

Like split Dominators are cheap...

I promise, we will see a winning EFI motor in EMC soon enough.
                                Then the carb guys will start bitching...

Comment

Working...
                                X