X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NO EFI in EMC finals. ??

Originally posted by min301
    Like split Dominators are cheap...

I promise, we will see a winning EFI motor in EMC soon enough.
    Then the carb guys will start bitching...
    nah, they'll just get their own class. like in NHRA. lol
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

soon but NOT NOW
      gimme 125 an hour - I will make it run

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        :D
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
          But no better than I would at half the cost.

Comment

How well can you make it run for seven bucks?
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by revolutionary
              Will properly tuned efi make more average or peak power than a properly tuned carb? Both have the ability to electronically tune the spark curve so that is moot. it is then just a question of how the fuel is delivered.

I'd be very interested to see or do a comparison with a generic hot rod engine using similar intake manifolds for EFI/carb to see what's what.
              That would be leaving a huge part of the potential advantage of fuel injection on the table.

Fuel injection allows builders to build optimal ram-tuned manifolding, which can increase torque as much as ten percent. Carburetion typically does not (Chrysler's efforts notwithstanding). The real test would be an optimized carb intake versus an optimized fuel injection intake . . . which would end up being no contest if the fuelie engineers did their jobs correctly.

Moreover, a simple dyno pull doesn't tell the whole story. Giant racing carbs typically cannot provide as wide of a range of driveability as a properly tuned EFI set-up. But EFI can allow for excellent part-throttle mixture control and heart-stopping full-throttle torque.

Hopefully somebody someday will show up at EMC with an optimized, direct injected, variable valve timed, DOHC four-valve V8 (assuming such would ever be legal and invited to the show) and demonstrate to all the hidebound old-timers what a real torque curve looks like.

Untill then EMC is a showcase for cool, but obsolete technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
                Giant racing carbs typically cannot provide as wide of a range of driveability as a properly tuned EFI set-up. But EFI can allow for excellent part-throttle mixture control and heart-stopping full-throttle torque.
                CDMBill's car is a good example of this. Big inch big block Ford. He is a good carb tuner, too - after we tuned his EFI combo, he was surprised to find that he could cruise down the highway at far lower RPMs with the EFI than the carb. That was a big deal on his car which sees a LOT of street miles (considering it's a near-1000hp pump gas monster that runs 10.0s in a very heavy car).

EFI may not be for everyone, and it may not "slaughter" a carb for the "peak power" number - but it kicks the hell out of a carburetor in every other facet of engine operation, and can keep a tune on the "ragged edge" no matter how the weather changes... so, carb vs. EFI comparison is a lot more than "who makes more peak power" just like comparing peak power has little to do with "which car is faster down the track"

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot

Fuel injection allows builders to build optimal ram-tuned manifolding, which can increase torque as much as ten percent. Carburetion typically does not (Chrysler's efforts notwithstanding).
                  what is a tunnel ram?

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                    But no better than I would at half the cost.
                    just having fun with the shade tree engineer

Comment

Working...
                    X