My LTFT's are off the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LTFT's are off the chart

Well I got my HPTuners software and have been playing with the trans and gears stuff and finally got that pretty much where I like it. So last night I took it for a spin and checked out the scanner portion of the software where I noticed my LTFT's are out of site, I'm talking running about 20+%. I'll be getting my LM2 today so that I can start logging AFR's, which I guess is going to be the first step in tuning the VE tables, which I presume will bring down the LTFT's.

Anyway here's to jumping off the cliff into the world of EFI tuning. ;)

Re: My LTFT's are off the chart

YOU DIDN'T GET THE MATCHING DYNO JET ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      YOU DIDN'T GET THE MATCHING DYNO JET ?
      I wish I had that type of money to spend. ;)

Comment

you dont need a wideband to get your trims inline. the stock narrow bands do great to get you to stoich. if your getting your VE inline you need to unplug your maf as that is what you are mostly running off of. a quicky tune is just a maf tune and dont mess with the VE tables. but to do a good all around tune, start by unplugging the maf and getting the ve roughed in. once you get them close use the multiply by half so you dont over shoot. i like the trims slightly negitive around -2 is what i shoot for. dont drive yourself crazy trying to get it perfect. it will never be. give it plenty of time to seat in. drive some distance to let them settle. oh and dont start scanning till your engine is up to temp. i always turn long trims off and go off short trims. they tune in much faster than waiting on the long term trims to settle. after you get the ve roughed in. plug the maf back up and start over loggin the trims by maf hz. dial in the maf to match what you just did with the ve table. after you get your trims inline, now is the time for your wideband to do the WOT....

Comment

Working...
        X