need help with an experimental painless perfect managment system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need help with an experimental painless perfect managment system

You can unplug the IAC - that'll turn it off!

Basically, you want to adjust the tune only when the car is warmed up. Get the fuel table adjusted so the AFRs are stable while driving. Then, next time you warm it up, DON'T touch the fuel table - you want to adjust the warmup (coolant temp enrichments)...

Make sure the timing is staying in the right place when you change to different tunes. at this point, you'll have to experiment and get the tune sorted out - or possibly take it to a tuner,

-Scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

thanks. Guess that will keep me busy for a while.

Comment

So just to update you, I went for the cheat. I pulled the numbers off the mustang program and transposed them into the 5.9 numbers I had as the base.
        Mostly only used the first screen worth for both spark and fuel.

This gave me mostly good driveablilty in the low end. I can now shift gears and start and stop without it dying.

I may have a linkage problem because it doesn't seem to downshift, but that is not a big deal.

I set it to wideband closed loop, and it let me run around town all day yestereday.

I even ran it up on the freeway. On acceleration it runs pretty fat. in the 9-10 range. But cruising at 60, 70 I see it sitting pretty good at 14.7 or so. give or take +- .3

Thanks for all the help. I think I am down to fine tuning can cold running more than anything else.

Comment

Working...
        X