OPINIONS on FAST's EZ-EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPINIONS on FAST's EZ-EFI

Just wondering if anybody has used this system or knows anything about it. I read about it in last Month's Hot Rod. It looks pretty slick and I'm kinda thinking that might be an upgrade in a year or two.

Thoughts..

Re: OPINIONS on FAST's EZ-EFI

I've been watching this thread all weekend on my cell phone, I've wondered about the system also. From the Hot Rod article, and the BS blog item a while back, I'm definately interested. I'm anxious to see if one of the BS EFI guru's has an opinion on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Swepty
      I've been watching this thread all weekend on my cell phone, I've wondered about the system also. From the Hot Rod article, and the BS blog item a while back, I'm definately interested. I'm anxious to see if one of the BS EFI guru's has an opinion on it!
      I haven't used one. But it looks promising. The important thing about a self tuning system is to make sure it has a good, strong O2/AFR signal so that it can adjust itself reliably. A good O2 signal is a make-or-break for these kinds of systems. If you keep within their recommended power limits, it should work good.

I'm not familiar with Holley Tech support so you may want to check on how it works (phone calls work best IMO); I've used a number of their old "Holley 950" computers and found their documentation to be the best of any standalones... they did a great job on the 950 I think.

-Scott

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

What does worry me is that it seems you can't override the automatic tuning if something goes wrong, like you can with a Retrotek or some other systems..

Comment

They do have a "limp mode" though. I'll have to read up on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Valiant
            I wouldn't be to concerned about this. Pretty much any EFI system can be set up to "make it home" if it loses one of the critical sensors...

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              I wouldn't be to concerned about this. Pretty much any EFI system can be set up to "make it home" if it loses one of the critical sensors...

and after you think about it for a minute how often does that happen? Maybe the odd O2 sensor.

Comment

Still a lot of money tho. 1/3 of an engine build.

Guess "turn key" costs money. Cobbling together & tuning your own rig would be cheaper I guess...

Interesting.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Holley Tech support so you may want to check on how it works (phone calls work best IMO); I've used a number of their old "Holley 950" computers and found their documentation to be the best of any standalones... they did a great job on the 950 I think.

-Scott

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but FAST is a CompCams company, not a Holley Company. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro

-Scott

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but FAST is a CompCams company, not a Holley Company. ;)
                    oops, I managed to confuse this post with the blog item on the Holey "self tuning" EFI setup.

Point still stands about Holley, and the FAST system though. "self tuning" is still the same idea no matter who makes it. You *must* have a good O2 sensor location and signal.

Comment

self tune or not o2 sensor location matters. we are suposted to do one at work just after christmas i will report on it

Comment

What is the HP limit on the system??

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                          What is the HP limit on the system??
                          They say its good for up to 600HP

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster

Guess "turn key" costs money. Cobbling together & tuning your own rig would be cheaper I guess...

Interesting.
                            They are 1800-1900 U.S. so they aren't cheap.
                            But I work on the road so I don't have alot of time to "cobble" on together and then find out it won't work. That's why I'd be interested in a direct bolt on package.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster

Interesting.
                              They are 1800-1900 U.S. so they aren't cheap.
                              But I work on the road so I don't have alot of time to "cobble" on together and then find out it won't work. That's why I'd be interested in a direct bolt on package.
                              Truth be told, *any* EFI installation on an engine that didn't originally come with EFI, whether it's "bolt on" or "cobbled" (a really lame term, IMO) together, is going to be Do-It-Yourself. Don't expect to spend 2-3 hours and turn the key and go racing...

Comment

Working...
                              X