new project with 1 of my buddys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project with 1 of my buddys

i`m using ems pro wast spark and pantera coils 36wheelford 4cyl turbo , but on the new car i was thanking about try out some thing(less expensive)from diyautotune
    like ms1 or 11
    would ms11 use the same software as ems pro as that's what i know?
    what would you guy suggest ?

thanks Ricky H
    sigpichttp://projectstang.blogspot.com/

Re: new project with 1 of my buddys

The tuning software is (or can be) the same thing, but the menus are different on an MS2. An MS1 runs almost the exact same firmware - I think Spectre made a couple changes to the menus to simply things, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
      The tuning software is (or can be) the same thing, but the menus are different on an MS2. An MS1 runs almost the exact same firmware - I think Spectre made a couple changes to the menus to simply things, but that's about it.
      Correct!

Ricky, if you're looking for cheaper but VERY effective ignition components: use the coilpacks and ignitor off of a DSM. I've got customers running 40psi of boost on streetable plug gaps (.028" or more) with lots of success. Dwell control is key.

You can go with an MS1 v3 board (or another board variant, Matt can help with this) and have the exact same firmware you are already familiar with. Since you have a running car, you probably don't have to worry about the tech support or hardware warranty (which is where the extra costs in an EMS-pro come from).

You might have to make a few simple mods to the MS board, but it's no big deal. DIYautotune can help you out with all of that.

-Scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

but on the new car i was thanking about try out some thing(less expensive)from diyautotune
        (not cheap)
        But on the new project i was thinking about trying something differant? things like 8cly coil on plug .
        maybe lockup for700r4 trans
        i guess the main question is what do i have to gainwith ms11 soft and hard ware over ms1.
        or well there be software issues running both 1and 2 on same laptop?
        Ricky H

Comment

You can fire the coils in wasted spark with MS1 or MS2.

It's pretty straightforward to set up both ECUs on one laptop; you'd need to create separate projects for each of them.

Comment

sowhat your saying is to go with ms1 3.57 and use my currant sofware?
            can i get usb installed?

Comment

Originally posted by 93stang
              sowhat your saying is to go with ms1 3.57 and use my currant sofware?
              can i get usb installed?
              just use a USB-serial adapter. $20 well spent. you CAN install a USB chip and connector on you MS but it's not really worth the hassle. Proper shielding can be tricky. There are some real tricks in an EMS-pro to make the onboard USB-serial converter work as well as it does.

Although, if it were me, I'd prefer a version 3 board with the through-hole pieces instead of the 3.57 with the surface mount. Seems it would be easier to swap out parts if you end up needing it. Matt can comment better than I on this.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

V3.57s are harder to swap damaged parts out of, but burned components on them are about as rare as on an eMS-Pro. Customizing is a little harder than a V3.0 because of the missing proto area, but it does have an extra connector to make up for that.

Comment

what are the diffrence in vs 3.0 and vs 3.57 and whats the db15connector for ??????

Comment

what are the diffrence in vs 3.0 and vs 3.57 and whats the db15connector for ??????
                    3.0 board is assembled with "through hole" components, which a normal human can assemble themselves, and replace/repair pretty easily.

3.57 board is made with "surface mount" components - it is assembled by a machine/robot. Almost impossible for you to assemble it by hand.

The v3.0 board has a "prototype area" which is just a breadboard with 5v, 12v and ground nearby so if you want to do something creative, you can build other circuits there. The v3.57 board doesn't have this proto area (but you can still put a breadboard inside the case if you want to build your own Extra circuits - fuel pressure logging, EGTs, VSS, etc.).

What I like about the v3.0 is that some VR/Hall sensors like different components than the default tach circuit in MS. It's a lot easier to change parts on the v3.0 board.

It just depends on what you want to do.

Comment

with the vs3 well i have the same crank noise problem as i did with ems pro if so is just 2 vr pot adj?
                      Matt 3.57 whats the db15 connector for?and thoughts opinions please.Matt???

Comment

with the vs3 well i have the same crank noise problem as i did with ems pro if so is just 2 vr pot adj?
                        Any EMS is going to have a problem with crank sensor noise if there's noise on the incoming signal, so the process to work around that with any versions of the MS is the same.

The DB15 connector is to bring extra circuits inside the case. So, if you build your own EGT monitoring circuit, you bring the thermocouple wires in through the DB15 connector instead of cutting a hole in the case.

Comment

The V3.0, eMS-Pro, and V3.57 all use the same VR conditioner.

The DB15 connector can be used to add inputs or outputs; in an off the shelf unit, it's not hooked up. I would probably cut holes for an EGT probe, but other things - launch control, boost control, etc. - can be brought out.

Comment

Working...
                          X