Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Megasquirt usage (picked up from other Megasquirt thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Megasquirt usage (picked up from other Megasquirt thread)

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
    Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
    So to run an engine and a transmission you'd need a pair of MSII?
    Yes, or an MS2 + a GPIO board.
    Is it possible to put an MS3 and a GPIO board on the same MS2?
    Well, that would make it an MS3 plus a GPIO as you'd be replacing the MS2's processor. But they can work together. You could also have an MS3 controlling the fuel and an MS2 controlling the transmission. We have to look into the trans control code ourselves... (eyes the leaking TH250 in Jerry's Nova...)
    What I'm looking at is a backup for my current project of integrating a flash based OBDII EFI system off of a FWD L67 (supercharged 3800 Series II Buick V6) onto a classic Buick Turbo6 in my '64 Riviera. It's been building for a long while now and I've got all but the last few things wired up to include much of the interior harness and a Body Control Module. I've got a side project on converting the 4T65E controller to running a 4L80E based on another guys experiment of doing the reverse with a standalone GM diesel 4L80E TCM in an 88 Buick Century. If this all fails or just proves to be too Rube Goldberg (I've got a lot of time invested in it so my patience is pretty high there) I'd like to have a backup.
    I like the idea of a single PCM doing it all and I like sequential injection and would love sequential spark (gone as far as messing around with circuit design to convert the Buick C3I into a sequential ignition system) but I've put so much work into the current adaptation of sensors I'd like to stick with them. I've got a 4L80E waiting on a converter and a controller to use in the car too hense my questions about using the MS3 on an MS2 board and a GPIO board for the 4L80E controller. Thoughts on how this is looking?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: Advanced Megasquirt usage (picked up from other Megasquirt thread)

It's workable - you would end up with an MS3 daughterboard on a V3.0 or V3.57 main board in one case, and a GPIO board in a separate case running the transmission and linked to the MS3 via CANBUS. They don't fit easily in the same case - I tried.

Comment

It's workable - you would end up with an MS3 daughterboard on a V3.0 or V3.57 main board in one case, and a GPIO board in a separate case running the transmission and linked to the MS3 via CANBUS. They don't fit easily in the same case - I tried.
      Got any pictures?? Particularly of your "try"? Can you try harder? ;D
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Taller version of the LM Heeger cases are available. I built a "tall" one once that housed a secondary board that logged data to an SD card. Primitive application but the case was very clean and looked great!
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

What kind of dimentions are we talking here? I'm guessing I'd hide it either inside the center console or up on on top of the AC suitcase depending on the size.

Where do you get these pieces and $$$?
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

What kind of dimentions are we talking here? I'm guessing I'd hide it either inside the center console or up on on top of the AC suitcase depending on the size.

Where do you get these pieces and $$$?
            LMB Heeger makes the extruded aluminum cases commonly used for MS. They have many different sizes available...

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

We're already using a case similar to the LMB-Heeger tall case. You *might* be able to get a GPIO in if you didn't have the AMPSEAL connector installed on it.

Comment

Working...
              X