Building a MS-III system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building a MS-III system

Now that would be something,3 2brl TBI's.

I've pretty much decided that I'll be going MPFI and I still want to put it together myself.
    Now here I go again trying to save a buck....

I asked above about piecing a harness together from the junk yard.
    Are there common plug ends out there or does every manufactor use there own?
    I was thinking , BMW,volvo or mercedes for foriegn and GM and Ford truck stuff for demestic.

Comment

Re: Building a MS-III system

Originally posted by Cyclone03
      Now that would be something,3 2brl TBI's.

I've pretty much decided that I'll be going MPFI and I still want to put it together myself.
      Now here I go again trying to save a buck....

I asked above about piecing a harness together from the junk yard.
      Are there common plug ends out there or does every manufactor use there own?
      I was thinking , BMW,volvo or mercedes for foriegn and GM and Ford truck stuff for demestic.
      It depends, there's a lot of different connectors out there. Bosch injectors and their clones are so common that I've seen their connectors often turn up on almost everything except Toyota and Honda. A lot of German cars use similar - but not necessarily identical - Bosch connectors on most of their sensors, as do newer Hyundais. Ford connectors seem to be their own animals, while Chrysler and GM both often use Delphi-Packard designs. However, you never quite know when somebody's corporate purchasing department managed to get a good deal on some modules from a company they don't usually do business with.

Comment

Working...
      X