injector type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injector type?

started looking up injectors to do a little homework and got to the type..
    and they list them a ev1/ev6/ev12/ ev1 short/ mutitec
    ok what is this mean..
    and the ohm range in the 50-60pph where about 12-15
    is that low in injector terms.. or high

Re: injector type?

12-15 ohms is high impedance. 4 or less, is low.

Can't speak to the body type/design though. Someone here should be able to help.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

EV1 is the familiar style used on 5.0 Mustangs, TPI motors, etc. The other ones are newer, smaller designs, which often have different electrical connectors as well.

Comment

so it's size and electrical plug type..
        so if I was to grab a 5.3 ls truck harness for the injectors. what type of plug injector would I need.. or will that harness not work because they are not batch fire(tho, don't know if the trucks are)

Comment

Batch, Alternating or Sequential firing doesn't matter in the harness. And it really doesn't matter to the injector *unless* you are approaching their maximum duty cycle.

I'm not sure what you mean by "plug injector". Do you mean the electrical plug for the injector or are you implying the hole in the intake (bung) that the injector sits in?

If you mean electrical plug then the harness would be good for any injector specified for the 5.3L, but changing electrical plugs is as easy as cutting the wires and putting the plug you need to use on. There is no polarity.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

yes the electrical plug..
            but with the harness wouldn't a batch fired oem harness link all 4 on one side together and then go to the ecu injector driver.
            but a senquental set up.. all injectors would be wired seperately.. and all feed directly into the ecu..

if I got a harness from a 5.3 say, and it's senquental.. wouldn't I have to rewire it anyways. and link all 4 injectors (batch) together..
            as this is a 454 and I might have a lead on an 8.1 fuel rail and injector wire harness..
            but I don't know it the truck 8.1 (496) was batch or senquental

Comment

Just where the individual wires go to the ecm wrap them together (and solder?) so one wire on each is attached to a group + and the other wire on each is attached to a group -. If you are using megasquirt you may want to split them up into two groups of four, resulting in two groups of + and two groups of -.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ah, and then you have to decide which injectors to include in each batch. Optimally you need to know the firing sequence and which cylinders are paired, correct? Or, you just say to hell with it and fire bank to bank.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                  Ah, and then you have to decide which injectors to include in each batch. Optimally you need to know the firing sequence and which cylinders are paired, correct? Or, you just say to hell with it and fire bank to bank.

Bob
                  The computer won't know when to sync up the squirts with the firing order on this setup - so, what I'd suggest is wiring the "banks" so there are 2 cylinders on each side of the engine, on each driver. I.e., not all 4 injectors on one side, together. This way you get less of a pressure spike in each rail because only two injectors will fire at once, on each rail.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

Bob
                    The computer won't know when to sync up the squirts with the firing order on this setup - so, what I'd suggest is wiring the "banks" so there are 2 cylinders on each side of the engine, on each driver. I.e., not all 4 injectors on one side, together. This way you get less of a pressure spike in each rail because only two injectors will fire at once, on each rail.
                    why would'nt u wife it to fire the injectors.. as close to the firen order.. it seem od to have injectors firen on the other side of the engine when two cyl need to fire on the other side first.. won't that fuel just puddle in the intake

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                      Originally posted by dieselgeek

Bob
                      why would'nt u wife it to fire the injectors.. as close to the firen order.. it seem od to have injectors firen on the other side of the engine when two cyl need to fire on the other side first.. won't that fuel just puddle in the intake
                      think about it - how does the computer know the firing order as it's happening? On a distributor engine, it doesn't - it only sees the teeth in the distributor, which are evenly spaced and not "identified" as any cylinder number.

EFI systems ran this way for years before emissions laws drove the need for sequential... there's no puddling to worry about. It seems strange - but, you won't physically be able to notice the difference between this and a brand new OEM EFI engine when you're tuning it. Unless you have a $10,000 multi gas analyzer hooked up to it. During warmup, sequential helps because the fuel timed with the IVO event helps minimize the"wall wetting" effect when the engine is cold - thus you get a little more efficient combustion at cold temps. Don't worry though - even the worst batch fire during warmup is still many many times more effective than a carburetor/choke at warmup.

Comment

Working...
                      X