• Show
Clear All

Re: EFI and Nitro

Where is this going to take place?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Still not sure its going to happen, haven't heard from Danny. Chico and Anderson Ca.

Comment

Any news lately?
        Originally posted by TC

Comment

We had to postpone going up there.

Comment

Yeehawww!!

I just picked up Harold Bettes' Engine Airflow. What do I unexpectedly find...a chart with A/F ratios of methanol/Nitro from 0% to 100% in 5% increments. I've looked all over for something like this. The book just earned its purchase price (about $15 from Amazon).

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Is the reason for all the nitro in the oil because the mixtures are way far rich of stoich?

I've put EFI on a few blown alky engines, and in each case, I was told things like "wow there's almost no fuel mix in the oil" and "we used to change oil every pass, now we change it every weekend"

Mechanical injection isn't known for it's mixture accuracy anywhere besides WOT and peak power RPM so, maybe we won't have as much of a problem with the EFI nitro setup.
              I would think a lot of the unburnt fuel is used to cool it and is forced past the rings. The cylinders seal is not the greatest in these style motors with all the force applied
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Well, I've been tempted by the MFI devil. Danny, our EMC partner, has offered to lend us a hand with the parts and the install of MFI on the 2.3. He also suggested that Gene Adams would help in spec'ing the pills and nozzles. We discussed running the engine on no more than a 50% load until we get comfortable with the fuel and its characteristics.

As much as I want to use EFI, we may need to understand the fuel first. And getting expert advice and quality parts is hard to pass up.

Comment

I think trying 50% is going to throw you for a loop, and the only thing that's going to burn up faster than your engine is your credit card.
                  Serriously, I wouldn't use anything less than 90% and that's pushing it, it would be more like 99-100%.
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

I'm new at this thread and don't want to rethink everything but a good friend with an extremely successful car uses both mechanical and efi. The mechanical does 90% of the work while the efi is used for tuning.
                    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

Working...
                    X