MS3 ready for prime time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS3 ready for prime time?

I flipped thru here and back in Feb it looked like a bit beta for general consumption. I'm wondering if the MS3 is ready for prime time now? I want the usb interface, new LT has no serial ports.

Re: MS3 ready for prime time?

Yup, been for sale at DIYautotune.com for a couple months now.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I may just pull the trigger on that too.... I want the resolution for the huge TB and gazillion hp injectors. hahaha. And the usb.

Randal, did you use a Stim with your stuff?

Comment

Yeah I bought a Jimstim to assemble mine. I have built two megasquirts, so I bought the Jimstim over the standard one knowing I'd be using it more than once. Plus I used the stim when I built the MegaView to make sure it was working. Last I looked, I didn't see the basic stim available on the DIYautotune page.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Make sure you get injectors that are high impedance - Injector Dynamics come to mind, or the new Bosch units - the MS3x sequential outputs won't support low impedance. Resistor packs are not great solutions, but that Jean B guy makes a driver board for PWM if you must use low impedance injectors.

Truth be told, you won't realize the difference with sequential unless you are putting this engine on an engine dyno... MS2 with bank fire injectors will likely work fine, save you monies, and support low impedance injectors (older style, more common and cheaper).

The real nice thing about MS3 is onboard USB logging, but you can add that for ~$65 to any MS1 or MS2.

I think you should assemble your own - it's good learning and makes for a fun couple of hours. And saves monies!

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

The fuel table resolution is what has my interest, just in case I graduate 7th grade geometry and actually get an Area comparison correct. (Big tb, big injectors). I'm not worried about the sequential so much as the idle.

Given that I can't calculate areas when drunk, I'm terrified of what I'll do with a shit pile of wires and have to actually get the right injector wire to the right injector. Ah, what the hell, it's batch. I just gotta get it on the correct side. : lol.

I saw the low z injectors were less, but it didn't seem like all that much - 59.00 v. 70.00 didn't seem all that bad for brand new fatass injectors?

Comment

Now when is that New EMS Pro Comming out???????

I will test it for them and wont charge them anything LOL
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
              X