Super Sercert Squirrel stuff for Scott Clarks Eyes Please, No One Else Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Sercert Squirrel stuff for Scott Clarks Eyes Please, No One Else Look

Scott would this be cool or what? You Cant talk to a Carb 300 FT Away or Tune Some one elses Car on the Road For Drag Week just by Driving Close do you think it would work?

Bluetooth Serial Adapter for RS232 communications. Serial Bluetooth RS232 communication is often underestimated when it comes to serial conectivity, fact is that Serial Bluetooth actually gives you the most economical, efficient, secure and reliable wireless serial connection within the 300 feet range.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Re: Super Sercert Squirrel stuff for Scott Clarks Eyes Please, No One Else Look

"Super Sercert Squirrel stuff for Scott Clarks Eyes Please, No One Else Look" lol

Wireless tuning is pretty sweet. I was psyched to see that MSIII has Bluetooth support. The ECU our Formula SAE team decided to run this year has WiFi which should make things nicer to work with.

Most laptops, even the cheapest netbooks, have Bluetooth as standard equipment now. Should be lots o' fun! ;D

Comment

that looks like a good one to try. It's cheap! I have used a larger RF system that worked pretty slick.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

So does this mean you can hack a competitor's tune right before he makes a pass?
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

That's pretty slick alright, decent price too.

Bluetooth I've heard is one of the most secure wireless communications since they aren't linked beyond two points.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I think I will be in on this I hate that wire, and a guy on the YB said he has dropped two laptops and lost everything. I want to mount my mini to the car and record to a flash drive then go to the trailer with it and program from there
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Jeff, take a look at a solid state drive for the LT. They are getting very cheap and it's not a disk. You can drop it without head-crash. No heads. No "disk". Without constant backups, it's a risk you take. Laptop and a car where thrashing happens... a SSD is not vulnerable to G force induced failures.

110.00 or so for a 64 gig solid state drive and I can tell you from experience, they boot FAST. It's turning into a performance deal for older machines, you put the OS on the SSD and it really wakes up older machines. FWIW... Scott can talk to you about it, he's all into that geeky stuff. ;D

Comment

too bad it'll export your data to China everytime you connect to the web...
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                  I think Jeff's tune may be a bit much for the average Chinese car though

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick
                    Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                    I think Jeff's tune may be a bit much for the average Chinese car though

forget the Chinese not being able to handle it, I doubt most "Western" cars could either!
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                    X