killer efi'd hemi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killer efi'd hemi

Here's a teaser: D'geek invited me & a couple others out to Senor Barton's in PA to watch some dyno pulls... of a certain 488ci hemi screaming to 8500, making insane power on the way... all with a single throttle body Fast system. Phrases like 116% Volumetric efficiency were being tossed around.

We shot a bunch more, but here's a quickie. Brian or Chad will be editing my shaky camera skills shortly for the rest.

These guys were joking about finding another '5 horse'... because every pull they tweaked the a/f ratio, they got another 50-80 hp. EVERY time. This motor...
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Re: killer efi'd hemi

8500 rpm to shut right off was a bit startling.

I wonder what mark he left. :

they seem to quibble over the readings, as if playing as well.

???
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Check the plugs! ;D
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That was pull number 5 or 6 of about 9 i think, they were just chit chatting about which cylinders to richen up or lean out. Funny, after all those pulls, everything looked good, just a tad on the fat side of perfect. The only one to pull the plugs was Ray himself after finishing the pulls, and he proclaimed "Meh, looks a little fat."
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony
          The only one to pull the plugs was Ray himself after finishing the pulls, and he proclaimed "Meh, looks a little fat."
          Probably because Ray likes to run his drag motors' AFR in the mid-high 13s ... :o

They still have a lot of airflow issues to work out on the engine, which will allow us to tune it closer to what Ray would like to see, later on.

Thanks for the video! I watched the others too, they're good. Tony makes a great on-the-spot videographer!

I just got home a few minutes ago, I have a ton of data to organize and send off. We will post up a trip report soon.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
          X