• Show
Clear All

• Tpi and msii

and before this thread goes down this road
    yes I know the g.m. tpi is all done at 4500rpm

now, put your mind set on TRUCK..
    the best low end torque that any genI sbc that could use 87
    was and still is the TPI
    no f'n clue why g.m. didn't drop this in trucks in that time, but bean counters are fools..

the g.m. TPI came in many flavors, 305 and 350 (305 is out)
    and early 9th injector systems(cold start) and some with and some without egr
    iirc the vette system late in the run was no egr..

It seem to me it be a great set up for a 350 in a truck..that has no need to see the north side of 4500rpm all that much ,if ever..

I almost 100% the msII will have no issues use'n this intake set up..
    but was the g.m. TPI injectors mix with the ms injector drivers(are they low imped or high?)
    also does anyone see why this wouldn't be a good set up for this use..
    does anyone know if you can drop this intake on a vortec headed engine or not, and what mods would be needed (intake bolt wise)
    I know SD used to make a vortec TPI intake, no idea if it was just redrilled of a totally different animal altogether(emailed them)

any down side.. other than finding a TPI system 20+ years later

what is the question? TPI has 8 high impedance injectors just like every other EFI engine, which has no relevance to "whether or not" megasquirt or any other standalone EFI will work.

The only thing that matters is the ignition system, HEI, which works fine with any version of MS.

This is all in the mega manual. Read it.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
      what is the question? TPI has 8 high impedance injectors just like every other EFI engine, which has no relevance to "whether or not" megasquirt or any other standalone EFI will work.

The only thing that matters is the ignition system, HEI, which works fine with any version of MS.

This is all in the mega manual. Read it.
      I couldn't find if the injectors where high or not..
      and didn't want to run the resistors between the drivers../injectors
      again I read the mega manual.
      no idea if it still work with the 9 injector set up.
      I'd think so as the msII would cold start use'n the 8 injectors, and just plug the place the 9th goes..
      if I get one with egr will the msII control it. or just block it off..

Comment

what is the question? .
        basicly that there is 3 different 350 TPI
        1)9 INJECTOR
        2)8 INJECTOR WITH EGR
        3)8 INJECTOR W/O EGR
        WHAT ONE WOULD BE THE BEST TO FIND, OR DOES IT MATTER...
        I'd think the non egr 8 injector, but if I came across one of the others is there any reason to stay away from the egr ones or the early 9 injector set up(intake)
        Last edited by Stich496; April 29, 2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I see no reason to care. You won't be using the 9th injector at all, since you'd be running an EMS capable of its own warmup enrichment through the regular 8 injectors.

So, basically GO GET WHATEVER ONE YOU CAN FIND, then get yourself a megasquirt, put it together or buy it preassembled, THEN ASK QUESTIONS.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I see no reason to care. You won't be using the 9th injector at all, since you'd be running an EMS capable of its own warmup enrichment through the regular 8 injectors.

So, basically GO GET WHATEVER ONE YOU CAN FIND, then get yourself a megasquirt, put it together or buy it preassembled, THEN ASK QUESTIONS.
            I ask questions before I buy so I don't end up with junk I can't use..
            waiting on wheels to sell to payfor the msII as my ms fund went to doctors bills and food on the table
            Last edited by Stich496; April 29, 2011, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X