SBford Tripower EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBford Tripower EFI

In a blatant attempt for attention and the fact that I just finished it up after a few false starts and I need to show somebody, I am posting a pic of F&Bs first SB ford intake based on a Blue Thunder repro manifold. Its taller than we had hoped for due to the 1 in spacers under the TBs, but the mfld is soo narrow. Going on a 331 cu in motor in a rod of some sort...I think itd look cool under the hood of an AC Cobra. Should work nicely once the manifold is fully ported.
    I feel better now.
    BKB
    Attached Files
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

Sweet as can be!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

that's a *very* nice looking setup...!
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

This would be a perfect place for some fancier smileys - man o man that thing is a full boat of baderasserness!

I agree - that would be right at home under the hood of a well done cobra kit car, or pretty much anything else cool.

Great work!

Is this something you'll be putting into "mass" production?
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I am feeling the love! While this one was the first SBF, we will gladly make more to your specifications (port size, body flow rate, etc.) as long as I can get the mflds from BT (which I can!) We dont polish the mfld at the std cost though...FEs and Ys should be no problem as well. Std cost is the same as the rest of our intake systems (I feel like I should be "moderated" for shilling...) SBCs are a little less, BBCs are a little more...Flat heads, Pontiacs, etc...Variable intake runner length MPI systems: an F&B mainstay!
          Thanks Bangshift for a great start to my Friday!
          BKB
          I will now shamelessly post pics of our three pot FH and 2000CFM pontiac as well as the tripower SBC
          Attached Files
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Wow, I'm digging that shit for sure. Nice job.
            I'm still learning

Comment

SCHWEEETTT!! Nicely done. More details?? Throttle bodies completely custom, or something off the shelf that have been modded for the application?

cheers
              Ed N.
              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Think you could do one up for a 425 Nailhead based off of an Offy 3x2 manifold?
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                  Think you could do one up for a 425 Nailhead based off of an Offy 3x2 manifold?
                  Absolutely. Love to! Whats the hp target on the build?
                  F&B intake systems use throttle bodies that are variations on our Magnum V8 TBs. They are a "standard" product in 3 different CFM ratings. Weve been making throttle bodies for about 12 years now and the basic design has lots of real world testing on and off road. We make everything but the hardware. All of our products are designed for nitrous and positive pressure (unless we say it isnt)... We try to keep decent stock on hand for the released intake systems. We can do customs like Motec cross ram TBs or stacks etc. Cost goes up though...The SBF system pictured has 3 44mm throttlebodies for about 1600CFM total.
                  Back to stripping the paint off of my wifes Cougar
                  Bruce
                  www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                  Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
                    Absolutely. Love to! Whats the hp target on the build?
                    F&B intake systems use throttle bodies that are variations on our Magnum V8 TBs. They are a "standard" product in 3 different CFM ratings. Weve been making throttle bodies for about 12 years now and the basic design has lots of real world testing on and off road. We make everything but the hardware. All of our products are designed for nitrous and positive pressure (unless we say it isnt)... We try to keep decent stock on hand for the released intake systems. We can do customs like Motec cross ram TBs or stacks etc. Cost goes up though...The SBF system pictured has 3 44mm throttlebodies for about 1600CFM total.
                    Back to stripping the paint off of my wifes Cougar
                    Bruce
                    Truth be told, that's way back burner but I thought I'd ask partially for the sake of other oddball engines without EFI support. If I did it, power would be 400hp using the old system since stock it's 360 supposidly and I'd just up the cam a bit with a tad bit of compression. The induction would be more for the look than the power, though I'd want it to drive well. I'd handle the controller, probably MS3x. But again, hypothetical.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                      But again, hypothetical.
                      We will be around. Anytime...under 550 hp is the lowest cost tier for conversions (fuel system, injector size etc.) Lots of good ways to go.
                      Bruce
                      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Haha, BKBridges, I like your Mazak garage profile
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          Haha, BKBridges, I like your Mazak garage profile
                          The Mazak has its own garage... It crushed the corner of the slab when we tried to move it into the real shop. so we poured a new slab and built around it. Its a great production machine. Rigid and fast.
                          BKB
                          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Tripower

Bruce you should post some photos of your Tripower setup on my Ford FE .

Mark

Comment

FE ford tripower EFI

Originally posted by Tripower View Post
                              Bruce you should post some photos of your Tripower setup on my Ford FE .

Mark
                              Mark,
                              Oh all right...Actually you should be the guy posting as its your sweet Mustang the intake system is on! I want to see more pics of the Mustang at any rate! Did you get any dyno numbers from the 427?
                              Heres a start though:
                              Attached Files
                              www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                              Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
                              X