No announcement yet.

Where to place injector bungs on Tunnel Ram manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay, I really hate to be the downer but those coil Brackets will crack I think, freQuency vibrations are a killer this is why we put mine on top of the Valve cover with a rubber on both sides. Hope it works man!!! I like the sight glass
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Very sweet motor! The intake looks great! Are those two 70mm TBs on the front?
      Can hardly wait for the dyno charts!
      Re: injector angle: Im thinking the same things. If you cant get the bung in just the right spot to get it to the valve you can tweak it with ijector type if necc., Various injectors have various spray patterns/angles. Walker Products has a good catalogue on their site with flow rates and pattern data thats normally tough to find for OEM stuff. http://www.walkerproducts.com/_pdf/c...components.pdf
      Bruce
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        Jay, I really hate to be the downer but those coil Brackets will crack I think, freQuency vibrations are a killer this is why we put mine on top of the Valve cover with a rubber on both sides. Hope it works man!!! I like the sight glass
        Jeff, I won't be running it that way on the car; that setup is for dyno use only. The brackets on each side are actually three different pieces, one main piece that all the coils on that side mount to, then two bars that each bolt the main bracket to a header bolt. I'll be mounting the main bracket by itself, via some rubber mounts, to the inner fender areas on the car, so I think they'll be OK. I can't stand the idea of covering up those valve covers with the coils LOL!

That sight tube for the oil level is the greatest thing since sliced bread, IMO. Nothing like being able to see what the oil level is doing with the engine running...

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
          Very sweet motor! The intake looks great! Are those two 70mm TBs on the front?
          Can hardly wait for the dyno charts!
          Thanks, those are 90mm throttle bodies. The engine made 960 HP last summer with an old Hilborn setup converted to EFI, but basically maxed out at around 6500 RPM. Hoping for 1000+ with the sheet metal intake, but the engine is still definitely cam limited (.730" lift), so I guess I don't know if it will make more power or not until we run it. Dieselgeek will be up at my place for the "festivities" tomorrow...

Comment

Bruce, thanks for the resource. Very nice.

Jay, can't wait to see how it well it works. But to get DG to work hard you have to threaten to beat him with an "out of the box" carb...LOL.
            I'm still learning

Comment

Should I load my "small block" up and head to MN for a showdown?

(Thinkin' I'd be heading home with tail tucked...)

Comment

"pfft, I made 40HP more last week with this engine when the carb was on it"
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_R View Post
                  Should I load my "small block" up and head to MN for a showdown?

(Thinkin' I'd be heading home with tail tucked...)
                  That would be a fabulous photo op if nothing else. I thought your "little" motor was for sale? I'd hate to see you risk it in a carb vs. efi showdown, but I'm game. Bring it, buddy I'll spot you 11% for the cubic inch difference...

Comment

Now we're talking!!!!
                    I'm still learning

Comment

It's on ebay right now. That 11% spot on my 870HP pull would put me at 965 comparable. Less cubes, old school carbs, and a couple points less compression - damn tempting odds in my world! Lets see if it makes reserve....

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_R View Post
                        It's on ebay right now. That 11% spot on my 870HP pull would put me at 965 comparable. Less cubes, old school carbs, and a couple points less compression - damn tempting odds in my world! Lets see if it makes reserve....
                        You should have taken him up on the bet Barry. This weekend was rough! Jay will explain.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The other shoe must drop... Jay?
                          Bruce
                          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Darn missed opportunities!

It did not make reserve - bidding stalled at $40G - sounds like a fortune but that's only the current ask/sell price for a cast crank unported head Cammer from one of the no-cred ebay regulars who lack the cajones to try EMC or drag week. This one is a much tougher customer...billet crank/rods, way cut up heads, proven poop and more tricks than a magician's convention...

I'll re-list it..

Comment

Those SOHC's are just freaking awesome. Its ever so slightly depressing knowing I'll be having my ass handed to me by these antiques. At least they are antique Fords.

I'll post my manifold pictures when its done.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X