Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turning an outdated carb into a throttle body...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning an outdated carb into a throttle body...

the older carb is a barry grant 850 baerclaw and will most like be the thing used
    do I remove the boosters and guts.. or just leave them so it could be used as a carb again.. looks like the tps to use was listed in bam bams thread.. so a junkyard pull and I'll see what I can build/hack there..
    now the ic
    the 355 intake is just like this one, this is the dart for the 496 but same lay out..

can that idle control stepper motor/selniod be mounted

Click image for larger version

Name:	th_picsone-852.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	878106here (see red arrow)
    or is that to close to the front runners

My thoughts on IAC is going to be "built in" to a 2" spacer with a channel up thru the carb body so it connects above the throttle plates. I plan on removing boosters, epoxying all holes and smoothing/polishing.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
      My thoughts on IAC is going to be "built in" to a 2" spacer with a channel up thru the carb body so it connects above the throttle plates. I plan on removing boosters, epoxying all holes and smoothing/polishing.
      the iac is to let air in because the blades are closed.. having it above the blades, how that gonna work

Comment

With it mounted in the carb spacer, that is where it will let the idle air into the engine ..... it needs to come from above the throttle blades as they will be closed at idle ....

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          With it mounted in the carb spacer, that is where it will let the idle air into the engine ..... it needs to come from above the throttle blades as they will be closed at idle ....
          conected to the air cleaner housing?

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
            conected to the air cleaner housing?
            That'll work too ....

Comment

Working...
            X