Identifying a Ford ECM - F6PF-12a650-ELA BTRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying a Ford ECM - F6PF-12a650-ELA BTRO

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas... or Happy Holiday... or not if that's your thing... I have a question maybe somebody here can help me out with.

I was cleaning up junk today and came across an ECM that I can't identify. I think it came out of an MAF Ford F150 with an E4od , but come up with nada. It's a Reman, the strategy / catch code is a BTR0 which I find nothing on, and while F6PF-12A650-* comes up with tons of junk, the ELA suffix gets me nowhere as well.

Anyone have anything on this turd? I thought maybe if it was what I thought it was I might toss a MAF on the Lightning and change cams.

It's sad when I can't remember where this came from, and zero on where it would go.
    Last edited by Beagle; December 25, 2011, 07:40 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Couldn't get that number to cross reference in the Ford (Canada) parts catalogue. Generally speaking, anything with a "P" as the 3rd digit of the prefix is a service only part number, that has replaced one or more original parts. I've seen that a lot with the EEC modules, where they have 3 or 4 different original calibration units for a certain year application being replaced by one service part with a "P" or program number.

So I tried looking at 96 F-150, since the "F6" would indicate 1996 usually. In the case of an EEC module, a lot of the 96 units were one-year only unique because they were the first year for OBD-II, but last year for that engine in the E and F-Series, the 4.9L and 5.0L for example. Anyway, I just looked at the calibration parts lists for a bunch of vans and pickups, but couldn't find any that changed out to that ELA suffix ... sorry.

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

That actually helps a lot Ed - I appreciate it. I wanted to get a QuarterHorse for some other junk I have, maybe if I get a bin dump it will tell me more. I'm pretty sure it's ODBi, only 60 pins. It may be a good time of year to set up a sim bench. Best case, it has a supported strategy. Worst case scenario, it's a core for one with tuning support.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
      X