No announcement yet.

Multiple injector angles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"daisy chain" doesnt really apply well to your 6. A "dead end" sytem like you described would actually be OK other than lack of air rejection (I try not to get too much air in my lines on a regular basis anyhow.) The equal length feeds to each T with return-style regulation at the T inlet line is a pseudo dead head system as the injector pair is at the end of the T with no flow-through returned fuel. doesnt matter much where the regulator is mounted from what Ive seen other than the whole flow-through fuel air rejection argument. 6 tees and some tube.
    If you feed the front T and regulate it at the last T, running "in series" youd save 3 tees, but may encounter pressure differential from front to back due to restrictions and length... but it may/will be in-consequential if the pressure/inj sizing and nominal hose size is overly large for the flow rate required by your application, approaching the effective sizing of a manifold style rail. Youd get the flow-through air rejection though.
    The 6 tee system would look nicer IMO...especially in mandrel bent 3/8" stainless.
    I missed DGs BDS post to this thread.. my apologies for the redundancy.
    Theres been all kinds of "wacky" injector feed systems in the past 60 years or so, and most of em were the least of the problems with the overall system. With that said, equal pressure to all injectors is fundamental to smooth running.
    BKB
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Our first EMC engine used individual feed lines to a single fuel distribution block. The lines clipped to the top of the injectors. Our issue was that the injectos clipped into an injector carrier that screwed into the side of the Hilborn inline four pot. So we lost the atomization characteristics of the injector.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Bob,
        Sometimes distance doesnt make the heart grow fonder... There are some injectors that maintain a more "coherent" stream before atomization that may have helped, but sizing is limited...We had similar issues with our flathead system in its first iteration. With that said, I think there is a lot of low hanging fruit in the EFi blower hat/EFI blower injector design realm.
        BKB
        www.FBthrottlebodies.com
        Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
          Bob,
          Sometimes distance doesnt make the heart grow fonder... There are some injectors that maintain a more "coherent" stream before atomization that may have helped, but sizing is limited...We had similar issues with our flathead system in its first iteration. With that said, I think there is a lot of low hanging fruit in the EFi blower hat/EFI blower injector design realm.
          BKB

Bob was being polite. We had some "custom" injector carriers that entirely blocked the spray coming out of the injector resulting in a stream of piss dribbles. There are some people out there making "EFI" custom stuff that have no business doing it IMO.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
          X