• Show
Clear All

• Someones New EFI Intake Project is well underway

As cast:

[/QUOTE]
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Ooh, that looks pretty!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Its getting there, Scott Foxwell is doing the porting. I have to talk this week to Gabby that worked for Wilsons before opening his new shop for deciding injector locations for sure I am thinking 1 1/2 inch up to as low as 1. To keep fuel reversion down. We will weld the bungs in and send it back for finish porting

Comment

Nice!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

What's wrong with the intake that you have??

Comment

Its not for me............. MOOOOOOWAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAA

TC the first hint is its a BBC Victor Ram. The Port opening has went from 4.9 sq. in. to 5.4 sq. in. to get as much port taper as we can....
            Last edited by JeffMcKC; March 6, 2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
              Its not for me............. MOOOOOOWAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAA

TC the first hint is its a BBC Victor Ram. The Port opening has went from 4.9 sq. in. to 5.4 sq. in. to get as much port taper as we can....
              I didn't look at it that carefully, I though the runners looked big, but I just thought it was some trick small block manifold........ya, my bad........
              Last edited by TC; March 6, 2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm, who do we know that runs an N/A EFI BBC?
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The manifold gods are smiling today. My nowhere near as sexy as that Parker Funnel Web showed up finally!! Woooo! It's got more port for a 302 than the torker does for a 460.

Nice looking hunk of aluminum there. I wish I *needed* it!!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

It will be very interesting Bill if it will work better than a Very Worked over Stage 5 Super Victor. Looking to raise the TQ curve and Still get it to RPM we will see if it can Pass enough air.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised on mine that we made as large a step change as we did across the entire RPM band going from fully ported manifold, done with the heads as a unit, single four TB to the tunnel ram that was done to a standard spec via CNC programs with the new heads and a moderate cam given the dispacement: 282/294/113 .820ish. That said my previous head/manifold combination was not in the Very Worked class.

I'm glad we eneded up with the injectors lower on the runner as drivability is way better than I expected and the reversion was still pronouced shall we say at low rpm and idle.

It's hard to separate the efffect of improved heads, bigger cam and improved induction, but the car picked up almost .5 sec. and 7 MPH with a fat tune, similar weight, and a 12% slip converter, no suspension changes. Just the thing to get someone solidly into the next single digit.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                        and a 12% slip converter,
                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Converter slip can be over rated Bill dont fall into the trap of chasing it.

Comment

On the chassis dyno the torque curve never nosed over so we figured the converter change was a bit too aggressive as did the guy who built it at Edge, so they restalled it for free per their guarantee after we got back. Saw essentially the same thing on the datalogs as the you could barely spot the shifts and the shift recovery point was only 600 RPM lower than the max RPM.

Who knows maybe that was what it needed.

That manifold porting looks great. Are the runners curved as well as tapered?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                              On the chassis dyno the torque curve never nosed over so we figured the converter change was a bit too aggressive as did the guy who built it at Edge, so they restalled it for free per their guarantee after we got back. Saw essentially the same thing on the datalogs as the you could barely spot the shifts and the shift recovery point was only 600 RPM lower than the max RPM.

Who knows maybe that was what it needed.

That manifold porting looks great. Are the runners curved as well as tapered?
                              Yes the bottom half has not been done yet.

When a converter is not locked 1 to 1 it has TQ mulitiplication going on their is a balance I would like to stay above Peak TQ for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X