No announcement yet.

Someones New EFI Intake Project is well underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Thanks go out to Mr. Mike Crow for the Use of his Mill for the day.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Minor hijack here. How do you set your spindle speed for aluminum based on end mill size? I've not found a good chart and during long cuts I have to stop and pick aluminum splatter off of my TiN end mills. Coolant just seems to make things worse on aluminum though it does help with steel.

Thanks and PM me if you want to keep the clutter off of the thread,
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Mike has the head you can adj while its running. You need to use a what I call open flute and can spray trans fluid or WD 40 on them just like hand burrs. getting them hot is what causes it to stick from what I have seen. The top just chipped and we did not get agressive more passes less material at a time.

Comment

You taking ~0.1in off at at time or is that even more agressive than what ya'll are doing? I don't have a band saw so I end up milling my parts out of plate since I don't trust the "straight line" I get from my chop saw.

Thanks man,
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

We took a .005 off to make sure it tracked straight, then .060 or so each pass

Comment

/minor hijack interjection agreement -
              if aluminum is sticking with lubricant, it's getting pretty hot. Slowing things down and eating less helps with a grinder / file. This fancy mill stuff I can't speak to, but on grinder bits they sell a single cut (half the cutting edges, single direction or angle) and I think it helps it self clean. I'd bet they do the same for end mills, different terminology maybe? Steel seems fussier, chatter-ier.

/end hijack, resume jealousy and note taking
              Last edited by Beagle; May 21, 2012, 09:31 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

OK Its done. Thanks Larry Larson and Crew for welding the bungs in, and the rail holders. The Plenum Spacer is made and the eyebrows are Splash Guarded up and the bottoms of the injector bungs cut off and match the ports, now its back to Doc's to be installed and tested.

Comment

Wow nice!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Must be a helluva tall new hood, no?
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Comment

or not.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

That Hood lost 2 mph over the cowl hood hope it goes better this time

Comment

Do you think the mph drop was purely aero or were there inlet air temp or turbulence issues? I' m dealing with the same question at the moment as I'm sure the front facing scoop on mine is an aero disaster compared to the former cowl hood. New taller cowl in the works. still a much bigger lump out closer to the leading edge of the hood.

Comment

Well their is no real way to know if air is really even going in the hole. Inlet air temp is not as issue.

Comment

Ready to go! He has a Flat Hood for it

Comment

Working...
                                X