Someones New EFI Intake Project is well underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

It's alive!! Took a day-long thrash to get Doc's ignition to be controlled by the MS3. So now, he has an MSD crank trigger feeding his MS3x, then the MS3x controls his MSD Programmable 7 ignition box.

Got thrown for a loop when his MSD crank sensor polarity was "backwards" from the documentation. Reversing the polarity on the wires and setting up the MS3X properly got it up and running. Then we added the MSD cam sync sensor, and we now have full sequential EFI with individual cylinder fuel and spark trims. Not that we'll need those considering his new intake should be better at distribution and, hopefully, upping torque/HP where he needs it.

The thing sure pulls like a raped ape, I have video I'll put up in the next couple days.

Doc's car has extras like Vehicle Speed Sensor input, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure. I'd like to add oil and trans temp to it sometime in the future. Everything seems to be working pretty good, except we did lose his IAC motor somehow (burnt it up?).

Otherwise, this car is hopefully going to be the first 8-second N/A car in Drag Week, if I am understanding the goal?
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I am sure it will make more power across the board, but I am also certain that some individual cylinder trims may be of benefit given what we saw on mine with the eight AFR sensors on the engine dyno. Even dual quad TB's on tunnel rams exhibit some interesting resonance induced cylinder to cylinder variations.

Very interesting combination of parts which shows just how flexible the MS3X is and how creative the users are. Is the MSD crank sensor a four pole flying magnet?
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
          I am sure it will make more power across the board, but I am also certain that some individual cylinder trims may be of benefit given what we saw on mine with the eight AFR sensors on the engine dyno. Even dual quad TB's on tunnel rams exhibit some interesting resonance induced cylinder to cylinder variations.

Very interesting combination of parts which shows just how flexible the MS3X is and how creative the users are. Is the MSD crank sensor a four pole flying magnet?
          Yes, four pole flying magnet. The rear bumper push button data log trigger now works flawlessly and the 2 step starting line rpm limiter combined with the launch retard feature should make us able to make the best of most track surfaces
          HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
          HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
          FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            Well their is no real way to know if air is really even going in the hole. Inlet air temp is not as issue.
            Couldn't you plumb a line to a MAP sensor and data log the pressure in the scoop?
            I'm still learning

Comment

Yes you can, but once its mounted it is what it is.......

Plus I just dont think any of us like the late model scoop....
              Last edited by JeffMcKC; July 3, 2012, 10:45 AM.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                Couldn't you plumb a line to a MAP sensor and data log the pressure in the scoop?
                At WOT, if there was any pressure benefit I would expect to see it on the engine's normal MAP signal. If the scoop does any good, then we should have greater-than-ambient pressure. Don't say that too loud on speedtalk forums though, LOL.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                X