Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    OK Its done. Thanks Larry Larson and Crew for welding the bungs in, and the rail holders. The Plenum Spacer is made and the eyebrows are Splash Guarded up and the bottoms of the injector bungs cut off and match the ports, now its back to Doc's to be installed and tested.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    /minor hijack interjection agreement -
    if aluminum is sticking with lubricant, it's getting pretty hot. Slowing things down and eating less helps with a grinder / file. This fancy mill stuff I can't speak to, but on grinder bits they sell a single cut (half the cutting edges, single direction or angle) and I think it helps it self clean. I'd bet they do the same for end mills, different terminology maybe? Steel seems fussier, chatter-ier.

/end hijack, resume jealousy and note taking
    Last edited by Beagle; May 21, 2012, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    We took a .005 off to make sure it tracked straight, then .060 or so each pass

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    You taking ~0.1in off at at time or is that even more agressive than what ya'll are doing? I don't have a band saw so I end up milling my parts out of plate since I don't trust the "straight line" I get from my chop saw.

Thanks man,

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Mike has the head you can adj while its running. You need to use a what I call open flute and can spray trans fluid or WD 40 on them just like hand burrs. getting them hot is what causes it to stick from what I have seen. The top just chipped and we did not get agressive more passes less material at a time.

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    Minor hijack here. How do you set your spindle speed for aluminum based on end mill size? I've not found a good chart and during long cuts I have to stop and pick aluminum splatter off of my TiN end mills. Coolant just seems to make things worse on aluminum though it does help with steel.

Thanks and PM me if you want to keep the clutter off of the thread,

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Big Thanks go out to Mr. Mike Crow for the Use of his Mill for the day.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Location of Bungs
    Click image for larger version

Name:	layout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	862029Drilling Pilot holes to locate from the inside of port, then Manifold get flipped over Drill Is used in Mill drill chuck then locked down and change to a end mill to make injector hole.

Name:	bung0.jpg
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	862031
    Milling from under so it does not hit the top of intake with the mill.

Name:	bung1.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	862030
    Action Shot of Doc Mac at work. Asking Is this how Wilson does it?

Name:	Doc at work 2.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	862028

Name:	Doc at work.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	862027
    Presto, Injector bungs! Ready to weld

Name:	injector rail.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	862032

TheHat, The Dom throttle body holes are to small, so we cut them out at a 12* angle with a inside bore, then went all the way around with a mill tool and will blend from there. Scott is sending us our spacer we should be threw pretty quick and just waiting on the lifters to come back to try it out.

Name:	top intake.jpg
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	862033
    Last edited by JeffMcKC; May 21, 2012, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    You might just be pleasantly surprised, I know I was by the jump in the torque curve all the way across the usable band with the TR.

Leave a comment:

• whichdoctor
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    8.70's I bet a round of beer.
    Hmmmm,9.12-8.799=0.321 second improvement.

I think I would be buying a round if the changes being made produce that kind of gain!

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    8.70's I bet a round of beer.

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    We'll get that 8.9x slip soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• whichdoctor
    replied
    Originally posted by TC View Post
    Congrats on the pic of your car on the last Page of the latest HotRod.......
    Thank you TC
    Camaros forever!

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Originally posted by whichdoctor View Post
    Thanks counselor. I am excited about the iconic magazine feature, but wish I had grabbed the elusive 8 second DragWeek pass prior to publication. Otherwise most awesome indeed.
    Congrats on the pic of your car on the last Page of the latest HotRod.......

Leave a comment:

• whichdoctor
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    Man is that pretty. The radiused runner transitions are works of art. Congrats to Doc on the up-coming HRM feature. Won't they be interested to see the new go fast stuff.
    Thanks counselor. I am excited about the iconic magazine feature, but wish I had grabbed the elusive 8 second DragWeek pass prior to publication. Otherwise most awesome indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X